Second degree tear and lots of blood loss pain

babydust92

Reaction score
I'm a new mother and I'm finding it hard to cope because of the pain from down below and now swelling in my legs and feet.

I'm on day 5 and I can always feel my stitches, they constantly feel like they are being ripped apart and it causes a lot of pain. I only have paracetamol and ibuprofen but I feel like they dont even touch the edge. Is there anything stronger I can ask the doctor for because i feel like I'm just popping pills for nothing.

Also I lost a lot of blood which resulted in me having 3 blood transfusions. I need to take 2 blood thinner injections a day and 3 iron tablets. I was also given TED stockings (absolute pain). I took them off and I had ankles the size of the moon. I decided to take them off as they are such a hassle and I had read that other women took them off after they left the hospital. However my feet and legs are swollen and I'm starting to get worried that I've done something dangerous. The stockings are back on and they're staying on. I would love to know peoples experiences with this as it's quite worrying.

I have my last midwife appointment tomorrow where she'll check to see if I'm healing well which I have on the last two checks but a part of me just feels like tomorrow she'll say something different.

Hi hon
Outchy. I had a 2nd degree tear with my first and its painful. I had a fair bit of blood loss as well but I wud say it was like a very heavy period.
I had alot of shallow salty baths to help heal down there and I know this sounds silly but try sitting on a rubber ring it really helps because then ure not directly sat on the stitches.

If the bleeding is very heavy then please speak with a doctor just to be safe.

Congratulations on the birth of ure baby.
I hope u feel better soon hon

I have heard sitting on a rubber ring helps too as it takes the pressure off.
I hope everything improves soon. Do contact a midwife or doctor if it doesn't :hugs:

Could you possibly have haemorrhoids? I was super sore and swollen after my first and little did I know I had terrible haemorrhoids until the midwife checked me out. Yeah it’s embarrassing but quite seriously after you’ve given birth you left your dignity at the door lol. The midwife got me a good anti inflammatory with a numbing agent cream which helped so much!

My midwife took a swab and the results came back saying I have bacteria vaginosis o_O
I've been prescribed a gel to treat the infection but I dont feel comfortable shooting a gel up that area especially with it being so close to where I'm sore. I tried sticking my fingers up and i was so tight it was painful. I'm quite tempted to ring the doctors up and ask for something orally :/ I'll try the first dose and if its unbearable I'll ring up first thing tomorrow

Hopefully you can get a different medication :hugs:

GAH you poor thing! I was in SO MUCH PAIN after my first! Those ice maxi pads and sitz baths were a godsend but I’ve heard BV is painful too so you must be in absolute hell! Definitely ask dr for something stronger! I will say....I was terrified giving birth to my second bc of the recovery from the first and it was WAY different! Nothing nearly like the first!

I sat on the breastfeeding pillow I was gifted at my shower. It worked as well as a rubber ring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->