Second labour or not second labour - question for those who have had a caesarean

Helly

Reaction score
Hi,

I had an elective c section last time due to placenta praevia so ive never even had a contraction, I asked the consultant if my body would behave like its my first baby or second baby this time and he said most consultants differ in their opinion.

For anyone who has had a vbac, was your labour more typical of a second baby (earlier labour, shorter labour) or was it more like a first (overdue, longer labour)?

Just curious about other peoples experiences!

I would really like to know this too! I am attempting HBA3C and have never been in active labour either. I have heard that the most likely thing to happen would be for my body to behave like it's a first pregnancy as it is a first labour but would be interested in what others have to say.

My consultants exact words were your body will behave like a second labour but your uterus will not, but if you ask 17 different consultants you will get 17 different answers. Very helpful!

I cant really help.

My section was an emergency one after a very long labour (36+)

My Vbac was 10 hours and a breeze.
I think each baby and each labour is different and if you really want a VBAC go for it x :D

Oh im definately going for it! Im just very aware that once I arrive at the hospital I have to go on continuous monitoring so Im trying to gauge if im safe to stay at home for a long time or if i should consider it a second baby and be a bit more cautious about the possibility of a fast arrival.

I had constant monitoring but wasn't restricted to the bed.

I had a very detailed and strict birth plan which they followed to the letter. In it asked to be mobile throughout and if i had to be monitored it would be done around what positions i found comfortable. My MW was fab everytime i wanted to move she just let me get over the contraction and then moved the belts i never used the bed until right at the end lol x

Ah thats brill, i would be made up if they did that!

I must admit i was really worried about them forcing me on the bed for monitoring.
I just went in gave them my birth plan and watched them wheel the machine in and told them that if they thought i was staying on the bed they had no chance! lol
I was a bit of a cow when we first arrived but once they started listening to me it went wonderfully x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->