Second lot of MAP in 6 weeks..bit annoying now

londonbird

Reaction score
Fed up with having to go get MAP after oh freaking out at me...

I keep telling him I am not on the pill anymore, yet somehow he forgets this..then the next morning freaks and demands I go get the morning after. Havent taken a pill since last Saturday, which I thought he knew..ugh..this and mothers day..really could do without

Been through all the contraception stuff with doc, nothing viable except sterilisation which they wont even refer me for right now.

So fed up.. it makes me so ill, makes my migraines even worse, have now had one for 4 days, know having another MAP will mean its worse in morning...so frustrated, glad have got the weekend to myself.. apparently me crying is upsetting/irritating to him :dohh:

Pointless rant I know, just sick of taking it!!:cry:

Aw hun:hugs:

MAP is horrid, I'm so sorry you get such bad side effects. Have you talked to the doctor about Natural family planning? When it's done properly it can be 98% effective, which is about the same as condoms? Would it suit your situation?

Hope you feel better soon:hugs: xxxxxx

Honey, you need to take control of the situation. Takes two people to have sex, and you can't merrily lie there letting him continue knowing he's going to ask you to take the MAP the following morning. If he's not ready to TTC yet (and doesn't sound like he is) then stop putting yourself through all this anguish and get some condoms. Alternatively don't take the MAP and he'll just have to deal with it if you do fall pregnant.

:hugs:

I dont want to use any protection, I have made this clear, if he dosent want a baby then he should put a condom on. simple as that, I dont stop him from doing so. I always put out condoms, various types, so he has options

Guess I will keep trying to take the pill. Just a vicious cycle atm. I take the pill, then I am unhappy, I take 1 in 4, 1 in 10 etc..then we end up in this situation.

Thanks for the replies guys x

Im sorry your having such a hard time of it all hun. Keep taking the MAP isnt good for you at all and its obviously having a bad effect on you :( Hope you manage to sort out your problems and your partner sorts himself out because its not fair on you at all x

Sweetie, he's not forgetting you're not taking the pill, he's not wanting to wear a condom for some reason (more sensation, stubborness, whatever) and by you giving in and taking the MAP he's getting what he wants - condom-free sex and no baby.

If he's not ready for a baby, then maybe YOU should put the condom on, or say no condom, no sex. Otherwise, if you're sure you want to, then just refuse to take the MAP. As long as he knows the risks beforehand (i.e. remind him you're not on the pill), then you're not trapping him or anything.

But really, do you want to get pregnant by someone who cares so little for your health and wellbeing that he forces you into something that makes you feel this poorly?

Just tell him you won't be taking the MAP then :shrug: If it's making you ill then don't take it - don't put yourself in a position where you have to take it. He's not using it because he's got no reason to if he knows you'll take the MAP if he asks you.

But really, do you want to get pregnant by someone who cares so little for your health and wellbeing that he forces you into something that makes you feel this poorly?

I completely agree with this. He's not showing any respect for you or concern for your health. And no child should have to have someone this thoughtless and uncaring as a father. I know it's not my place to say but I'd seriously rethink my relationship if I was you.

Thanks guys, been asleep most of the day, gonna eat and go back to bed.

Know the side effects will pass in a couple of weeks, in the meantime just try and speak to him without it causing a huge argument. Hes got kids till Monday now so I can just sleep and rest... distract myself a bit

I know really he is right, I need to wait until I can afford it etc etc. Its just it dosent make waiting any easier. Just have to give myself a good talking to and take my pill.

Thanks for all the sweet replies guys xxx

Sounds like the pill isn't great for you and if you aren't good at taking it then you'll be back to square one. You and OH need to talk and figure out what's right for both of you because right now it seems like he's calling the shots and messing with your head!!

I really hope you get this worked out :hugs:

If I was you hun I tell him to wrap it or sod off!

He's not forgetting your not taking anything, men have BCP radars so he knows full well what you are or are not taking, sounds like a typical man who wants his jollies without the unpleasantness of condoms. You need to be stronger, if the MAP is making you feel so ill then take precautions. It takes two people to have sex so I would tell him exactly what you want and that the MAP makes you feel very ill. If he was any sort of a man he would put his hands up and take responsibility, but if you give him a free ride then he will take it. :hugs: Feel better soons x

Thanks guys

Gonna talk to him tonight but ultimately I need to take the pill, just gotta get over all this crying and getting upset.

Phew, migraine finally easing so gonna go run and clear my head

Thanks so much guys x

Sweetie, he's not forgetting you're not taking the pill, he's not wanting to wear a condom for some reason (more sensation, stubborness, whatever) and by you giving in and taking the MAP he's getting what he wants - condom-free sex and no baby.

If he's not ready for a baby, then maybe YOU should put the condom on, or say no condom, no sex. Otherwise, if you're sure you want to, then just refuse to take the MAP. As long as he knows the risks beforehand (i.e. remind him you're not on the pill), then you're not trapping him or anything.

I absolutely agree, Id give im the shock of his life and not take the MAP, he knows what he is doing and its just not good for your health hun xx

Ps. My cousin did the same as you took the MAP twice, she now has 2 little girls of 6 and 4 :blush: :thumbup: so it dosent always work.

Good luck and take care xx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->