Second paediatric appointment in two weeks, what's it for?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Hi :flower:

I was hoping someone could shed some light on something for me. After years of not seeing anyone properly, Rory had a paediatric assessment last week. No conclusions were reached, except she mentioned he has hyper-mobility, but didn't go in to that further. She said she was referring him for all manner of tests at the hospital, including chromosome tests. Didn't say anything about seeing her again, though she said she would refer him to some sort of special nursery programme that analyses a child's development in order for them to receive help when they start school. But now he has got another appointment for next week. I'm not complaining but it's really unusual, because I have no idea what it's for. Is this normal? Two weeks seems really fast and I don't know what to expect. Will she be taking his bloods and doing the testing at her clinic? I'm really confused and wondering if it's a mistake!

Hmmm, not sure... You're probably best off phoning her receptionist and checking whether she wants to see you? Maybe as you say it's to set the ball rolling on the tests? :shrug:

yeah I would ring the consultants secretary that you saw. they can tell you whether he'll be having bloods etc or not,

FYI, my son has recently had chromosonal tests. if they want a urine sample off him, ask them to fit a bag as soon as you arrive for the appt! it can take ages for them to wee once the bag is on. (it took my son 2hrs + last time!!!!) it'll save you waiting around for him to cooperate if you put it on as soon as you arrive. xx

Thanks! I called to confirm and intended to ask but the secretary was really abrupt and rude so I just said thank you and bye... Guess I'll find out on Friday!

Oh no - sorry the secretary was rude to you :hugs: It's really upsetting especially when it's already worrying having to go these appointments and tests in the first place :nope:.

Let us know how it goes and ditto on the advice for the urine sample!

hope it goes well for you. The results can take absolutely ages to come back, so don't be disappointed if it takes a while. Good luck xx

It was pretty pointless in the end! They wanted to discuss the changed to the way educational funding is assessed and ask my permission for them to refer him for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->