• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Second time mums - read this - feel better :)

Rickles

Reaction score
I had a shocker birth for my DD and am suitably anxious this time around.

I found this article with some great (uplifting stats) about second time births.

https://www.pregnancy.com.au/pregna...y_information/babies-second-time-around.shtml

Just in case it helps any other forceps / episiotomy survivors out there :) xx

Oh wow thank you so much for this! I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy and it terrifies me that the same will happen again!

Aww that's great made me feel better after I had a c section the first time round

Great read thankyou, feeling calmer already.xx

My second labour/birth was my best so far! I had a third degree tear with my first and a fairly panicked delivery as her heart rate had started dipping, and once she was born she needed help to breathe. I only got a graze with my second so no stitches needed and everything was much calmer.. She was perfect and we were home within 24 hours :)

Best of luck to all you ladies :flower:

Oh wow thank you so much for this! I had a forceps delivery with an episiotomy and it terrifies me that the same will happen again!

Me too! Reeeally don't want the same thing to happen this time! Thanks xx

Another one here! :wave: Hoping to avoid an episiotomy this time but Ive got a pretty low expectation benchmark which I think should help :D

Another forceps and episiotomy survivor here too! Lol! Definitely feel a bit better after reading that article. Thanks for sharing! X

I had forceps and episiotomy first time too, I didn't feel totally traumatised by that happening (I didn't know what to expect I suppose) but the recovery was brutal. Lovely to read it doesn't necessarily have to be the same way second time. Thanks for the positivity!!

I had episiotomy with no pain relief and ventouse which first attempt missed and got my externals so they swelled up and I had an awful ventouse shaped bruise for ages on the outside! They couldn't control the blood loss from the episiotomy and I lost 2.5 litres that they weighed

I'm hoping second time goes better

I really hope this birth is shorter this time around! 56 hours of med free labour and delivery pretty much brought me to the edge of my sanity! I had a 2nd degree tear but it wasn't too bad to recover from. For me it was tiredness and blood loss from the delivery that put me into a total mombie state for 2 weeks postpartum.

So if I could knock the amount of time back to half at 28 hours I would be SO happy!! Lol

Wishing everyone a happier birth experience this time around!

I really hope this birth is shorter this time around! 56 hours of med free labour and delivery pretty much brought me to the edge of my sanity! I had a 2nd degree tear but it wasn't too bad to recover from. For me it was tiredness and blood loss from the delivery that put me into a total mombie state for 2 weeks postpartum.

So if I could knock the amount of time back to half at 28 hours I would be SO happy!! Lol

Wishing everyone a happier birth experience this time around!

My first took about that long, and my second was 28 hours :)
I am hoping that #3 is shorter.

My first was foreceps and episiotomy in theatre and I too was terribly worried for my second. My lovely midwife told me that her experience is that if you've had foreceps or ventouse first time then the second usually pops out with no issues.
And she was absolutely right for me. 3 pushes and only gas and air. It was night and day I promise. Oh, and 11 hours instead of 40 odd. I did tear but not badly and it healed so much more easily.
Fingers crossed for #3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->