Secondary Infertility and TTC

Ariannda

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone ! Im 32, DH is 33. I have 4 children previously (16-5) that i conceived at 16, 19, 22 and 27. It was obviously so so easy when i was younger... however my NOW DH has no children previously, and a poor motility but basically no one can find anything wrong with us and yet we've been TTC for over 13 months

First let me apologize, as i see no need to use (most) abbreviations. Once you reach out to others on the internet about sex it kinda all goes out the window and i have a hard time keeping track of some of them on occasion

DH and i have been TTC for 13 months now. We did clomid for only 2 cycles almost a year ago. We were both tested, and we are fine. We did OPK's for awhile as well until things began to get crazy with our half way across the country move, so for the past oh, 6 months we've just "tried" to conceive . Every once in awhile we've done something else such a pre-seed or mucinex, and i have the FF app but i haven't paid for it. I have never taken my temp, never charted and just generally kept an "eye" on things so we'd have a pretty good idea of when things should be happening.

I have heard all too often "it'll happen when you quit trying" and it seems the general consensus has been the same "how do i QUIT trying ?". My belief on this is that you cant, and sure you can get pregnant if you just have sex whenever, everyone has that chance, but if you WANT to get pregnant then you have to TRY. So this morning i had a shift in perspective !

For the past 13 months we have been "trying" but not really doing much about it, and as we actively want a baby (as opposed to, hey if it happens we're ok with that !) then i dont feel i have much reason to be upset every month with i think im late and i start peeing on sticks only to be terribly disappointed when my period shows up later that day or the next . I have a prescription for both Clomid and Metformin, and i ovulated earlier this month than expected... As the Metformin gives me diarrhea i didn't think i needed to add that to my 103 fever and my newly ruptured ear drum, but since when my next cycle starts the end of the month we'll be using Clomid, i think it's time to buckle down.

ive seen people saying they're becoming too obsessed with charting and temping and so on and so forth, and while sex is times that doesn't mean it has to be a chore, my DH is NOT dying that he HAS to have sex with me every day for a week, and in fact he got none last week due to my illness, so he's excited

Sorry i got off track... .so my next cycle we're doing it all. I bought a Basal thermometer today and tomorrow i will be temping, i will be charting and paying for the FF app (unless someone can advise another app, perhaps where you pay one time and it's paid for and works well ?), i will be starting the Metformin again ASAP, ive been on my prenatal vitamins and i ordered both more Pre Seed and OPK's and soft cups, i will be taking the Mucinex as well.We will be doing everything we can in order to conceive, and really making sure we have the best possible chances.

While i can understand this is going to drive me slightly crazy, i feel it's the best way to "stack the cards in our favor" so to speak. We've done what needed to be done, testing etc so now the only thing we can do is WORK to conceive, instead of idly trying.

I just have no idea where to go from here. Im so tired of trying, but at the same time i feel like we haven't really BEEN trying. Maybe this is more of a rant, but this is what i have =/

Yours is the second post I have seen to mention soft cups, what are those and what do they do?

I wish you luck. TTC is not always as easy as people think...

Have you had an HSG done?
Pre-seed is great, I know a lot of women who have become pregnant while using it, including myself (we used it after having my HSG)
Also know a few people who used Softcups and became pregnant too!

Yours is the second post I have seen to mention soft cups, what are those and what do they do?

I wish you luck. TTC is not always as easy as people think...

Softcups are really meant for when you have your period, like a tampon you put it inside, but its shaped like a little cup and it "catches" the blood. But when TTC people use them to hold the semen in longer insead of it oozing out. Sorry for the TMI :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->