Secondary pph

dlj2

Reaction score
Hi mums

I'm currently 10 days postpartum on day 6 I had a big bleed and got rushed into hospital. I'm now on antibiotics and back at home. In hospital they did a scan but didn't see any retained products but thought more bleeding would happen as the lining was thick, so treated for uterine infection. I have still had fresh blood every day since but it did slow, now at day 10 I've had another gush of blood for a few hours (not enough to soak a pad) I just really wanted to know for those who've experienced similar when the bleeding stopped and if this stop start happened with you?

Thanks.x

I had a lot of stop start bleeding this time. I think the last gush I had would have been at about 4 weeks pp, rough guess tbh. All bleeding of brown blood and discharge finally stopped at about 5 weeks pp xx

I had a lot of stop start bleeding this time. I think the last gush I had would have been at about 4 weeks pp, rough guess tbh. All bleeding of brown blood and discharge finally stopped at about 5 weeks pp xx

Thanks so much for replying, that's reasuring to know what to generally expect. At the moment it's still fresh blood but it's early days I guess? X

Keep an eye on your bleeding and definitely go to the hospital if you pass any large clots or fill a pad in less than an hour. I experienced a delayed postpartum hemorrhage at 12 days postpartum. It started with passing massive blood clots about the size of a golf ball or small tangerine. I went to the ER under the direction of my OB and received an ultrasound and a (painful!) pelvic exam. I was ultimately sent home without seeing anyone from OB, and I was advised to return if the bleeding got worse, if I passed anymore giant clots, or if I started getting dizzy or light headed. All 3 happened to me, and I was back in the ER several hours later. Upon my second visit to the ER, an OB was finally asked to come down. He took one look at my ultrasound scans from earlier and immediately said that I needed a D&C. I lost so much blood that I was given 2 units of blood. The D&C turned up no retained tissue, but he did clear out a lot of the excess blood clots. I ultimately spent two nights in the hospital -- one in the ER and one in a regular (non-maternity) hospital room.

I'm sure that you are completely fine as my experience is supposedly unique. My doctor believes it was the result of a long 40 hour labor in which I failed to progress and that ultimately ended with a c-section. Best of luck. :hugs:

Thanks all so far no more clots and the bleeding has slowed a little really hoping this is it for me and I'll just start to heal now and be able to look after my babies properly.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->