Section plans

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
I have a section booked for 27th June which is only four days before my due date. I have appt with same consultant two weeks prior to section and am debating asking if there's any chance of having section earlier than this.

It's my daughters birthday 3rd July so am being a little selfish in wanting a bit more recovery before her birthday

Most places won't do a section until you are at least 39 weeks.
My section is at 39+3.

The mw tried for 39+2 but they were fully booked.

What happens if you go into labour before section date?

They will section you then, however a planned section will not be done before 39 weeks (as far as I'm aware) unless it is for medical reasons.

Here in South Africa it's the opposite: doctors like to do the section at least 10 days before (preferably 2 weeks before) your due date to avoid you going into labour. I fought to have my section later. I can understand you wanting to have some time to recover but think it's less stressful in the long run to have a baby that's as "mature" as possible. I have a friend who had a c/s two weeks before her due date - which turned out to have been miscalculated and her baby was born with immature lungs and had feeding difficulties. Perhaps do as much planning for your daughter's birthday as you can and call in family/friend reinforcements for the day! I was driving within a week of my second c/s; somehow I was tougher second time around!

My section is on Monday 15th may and I tried to get it earlier but they wouldn't budge have to be 39 weeks I will be 39 +2 according to scan but 38+5 to 39 according to my dates but they are going by scan so that suits me as early scan would have me bang on 39 weeks but they changed it so they say 39 +2 but if I go into labour before (which I highly doubt now with only a day to go) I would have a choice either go for vba2c or ask to be sectioned x

What about having your section later? I'd rather go overdue and risk going into labour (at which point you can request a c-section) rather than having a baby early when it wasn't required for medical reasons. Did you go into labour laterally with your first?

I'll just see what consultant says at my appointment two weeks before I think.

My first daughter due date was 2nd July and she came on 3rd July, I'd had two sweeps in the three previous days due to high blood pressure they thought baby was better out, the second sweep done the trick I think! Although ended up with emcs.

They'd booked me for induction for 6th July due to high bp.

It depends on the reason, if there's no medical reason it's unlikely they will section you any earlier but you never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->