Seeing Father Christmas multiple times

kwood

Proud mummy to Samuel
Reaction score
Do you think it confuses young children to see Santa multiple times? or do you have a way of explaining multiple visits. As it is we are probably going to see him at least 4 times - once at the school fair, once at the village lights, again for the 'real' santa at the zoo and possibily in the near by town. He is just starting to understand the idea of Santa but I don't want to confuse him.

my oldest is 5 and is seriously so gullible with santa :') he's never cottoned on!

I don't have to do so much explaining with the boys (both are autistic) but I try and avoid multiple Father Christmas visits where I can, they are likely to see two though our proper visit and at the Christmas event at school/nursery.

If they did question it I would tell them Father Christmas at the library (same person every year) is the real thing and the others are Father Christmas' special helpers so he can be everywhere at once. Like Elves who got promoted or something!

my oldest is 5 and is seriously so gullible with santa :') he's never cottoned on!

He isn't gullible, to him Father Christmas is like police officer or fireman, anyone in that uniform is the role and there is no need to question it. It is not that he believes that all those people are the same person, it is just he doesn't think about it further than the outfit when someone is dressed the part.

I don't have to do so much explaining with the boys (both are autistic) but I try and avoid multiple Father Christmas visits where I can, they are likely to see two though our proper visit and at the Christmas event at school/nursery.

If they did question it I would tell them Father Christmas at the library (same person every year) is the real thing and the others are Father Christmas' special helpers so he can be everywhere at once. Like Elves who got promoted or something!

He isn't gullible, to him Father Christmas is like police officer or fireman, anyone in that uniform is the role and there is no need to question it. It is not that he believes that all those people are the same person, it is just he doesn't think about it further than the outfit when someone is dressed the part.

Oh I forgot about the one at nursery :dohh: I think my lo is still at little young to question it too much but wasn't sure what he would think seeing him so many times. I just hope he isn't so scared this year. He keeps telling me that he won't cry when he see santa this year.

I have always said that the real Santa can't be everywhere all the time so he has helpers and you never know which is the real one!

Oh I forgot about the one at nursery I think my lo is still at little young to question it too much but wasn't sure what he would think seeing him so many times. I just hope he isn't so scared this year. He keeps telling me that he won't cry when he see santa this year.

It is hard to know how they will react, my older son loves the one at the library and always has which is nice. My little one is scared of new people but it happy to go up to Father Christmas if his big brother is. Having an older brother really helps with confidence!

Maybe reading some stories about Father Christmas before hand will help. If you keep it low key with no pressure to sit on his lap that might make things easier or if he could have something to give to Father Christmas like a Christmas card or cookie or something that might give him the confidence to approach him. Fingers crossed it goes ok for you this year and you have some lovely photos.

I remember questioning I at about 6/7 as it was my uncle who was the santa at out local outdoor market. My mum told me santa had special helpers to help.out as he was so busy and I never questioned it. My mum had to tell me santa wasn't really as I was going up to high school and she didn't want me to get picked on x

I tend to only book one Santa visit as I feel they should only visit him once for maximum impact lol, it's supposed to be really special etc but they do also get a visit and nursery and school too but they've never mentioned anything about seeing him twice........ Yet.

I go with the Santa's helpers theory.

That said last year Santa Claus 2 was on TV I assumed it would be a suitable film for him to watch but it has a fake Santa in it so now he is half convinced every other Santa is the fake Santa...not helpful when he is relaying that to the even younger children at preschool!!!

Dd1 informed us the other day that some santas aren't real,they are helpers that santa gets to help him because he is too busy!!

Dd1 informed us the other day that some santas aren't real,they are helpers that santa gets to help him because he is too busy!!

That's better than the fake Santa DS has been talking about. The fake Santa isn't a very nice Santa he tries to destroy Christmas and ends up in jail!!!
But some kids are very quick to catch on Santa can't be everywhere I don't know how some kids still believe at 9/10 years old.

My son to is autistic so at 4 1/2 he doesn't know about santa really. He'll see him at nursery and at another wee party he'll go to. Last year he just kind of eyed him grabbed his present (he knows there cool stuff under the paper lol) and tried to steal his bell lol xx

Last year i planned for them to see santa only once, but hes everywhere and it gets a bit immpossible. He will be at school and nursery, then different family and friends want to go places he'll be, i think this yeae they will be seeing him 4 times. I think ill choose one santa to be the 'real' santa, then go with the helper story if ds questions it, but i dont think he will.

You could tell them he moved around a lot just so he can check if they're still allowed on the "good" list.

My son to is autistic so at 4 1/2 he doesn't know about santa really. He'll see him at nursery and at another wee party he'll go to. Last year he just kind of eyed him grabbed his present (he knows there cool stuff under the paper lol) and tried to steal his bell lol xx

That's cute, William tends to hand the present back because he doesn't really understand to unwrap things and go for the fairy lights!

Hannah realizes that the Santa's look different. I tell her Santa is really busy at this time of year so he has a lot of helpers around to help him but that we are taking her to the real one. So far its worked :lol:

That's cute, William tends to hand the present back because he doesn't really understand to unwrap things and go for the fairy lights!

Ha I'm with him if there's fairy lights I wanna see them lol xx

My kids know that all the santas we see in town at multiple events are all santas helpers. Santa can't be everywhere everyday. He need to be in the North Pole till Christmas Eve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->