• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seems like my baby is never satisfied

fashionlover

Reaction score
We are at the 1 month mark of solely breastfeeding. While my baby is gaining weight at a normal rate it seems as though she is never satisfied. She will fuss and cry at the boob, then when I think she is done aka falls asleep, or pushed boob aside she begins crying or rooting again...

Any advice is greatly appreciated..

Honestly, that sounds pretty normal. With all the growth spurts babies go through, the continuing to try to nurse at the end of a feed is what helps your body know to increase production. If she's gaining fine, I wouldn't worry. The fussiness should pass.

3-4 week mark is generally accepted as one of the first growth spurts. It normally lasts about 4 days and can be exhausting. The fussiness and constant feeding is your babies way of telling your body to produce more milk. Once that extra milk comes in then baby will be more satisfied at each feed. It will pass. Until the next growth spurt comes along that is ;)

My girl did exactly the same and I panicked about my supply. It lasted about a week and gradually she settled more. It was horrendous before I put her down at night. Just go with it and feed her as she wants and she'll build your supply up. I found that getting my OH to soothe her after a feed meant she wasn't rooting as he isn't the good supply! In the early days they'll root non stop as long as they're near your boob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->