Selling an infant carrier

Equreuil

Reaction score
Would you buy just the carrier/car seat part of a travel system? Or is it okay to sell it separately?

I still use the stroller for my son, but he's long since outgrown the carrier (We have a convertible car seat, now.) It's just collecting dust and taking up space. I'd hold onto it but I really have no intentions of having another child - or at least won't consider it until it's out of date anyway.

I don't think resale shops will take them and it's not recommended to buy one used because you can't tell for sure if it's been in an accident. If you want to sell it privately to a friend then they may trust you that it hasn't been in an accident. I guess anyone could buy it, but like I said, it's not recommended.

Yes, I see people selling them separately all the time on FB/Craigslist. FABmama is correct though, its not recommended to buy used since you can't guarantee whether its been in an accident. This doesn't stop tons of people doing so, though, so as long as you know its in good condition, and the buyer is okay with it, I don't see why not. If its condition is questionable at all, I'd just pitch it or take it to one of those BabiesRus trade in deals to get a coupon for another purchase.

You can certainly sell it privately- I did at a garage sale. Although I sold the whole system cause we'd bought a new stroller/seat for LO. But a neighbor bought it for her grandson and I was made sure she understood it was never in an accident etc... and was only used for 6mos, and showed her the expiration date and all that.

I wouldn't personally have bought a used one (funny enough)- but obviously people do as they are much cheaper used. I just don't trust people when it comes to stuff like that :haha: You could also see if a friend knows someone in need- or like mentioned, trade it in to Babies R Us for a good discount on something else you might need. We've done that before too.

You can certainly sell it privately- I did at a garage sale. Although I sold the whole system cause we'd bought a new stroller/seat for LO. But a neighbor bought it for her grandson and I was made sure she understood it was never in an accident etc... and was only used for 6mos, and showed her the expiration date and all that.

I wouldn't personally have bought a used one (funny enough)- but obviously people do as they are much cheaper used. I just don't trust people when it comes to stuff like that :haha: You could also see if a friend knows someone in need- or like mentioned, trade it in to Babies R Us for a good discount on something else you might need. We've done that before too.

Unfortunately the only people I know with kids are too big for it and there is no Babies R Us anywhere near me. In hindsight I'd have forgone the travel system and gotten a convertible seat and separate stroller.

There's a big community yard sale in about a month. We're getting a table and I'm working on figuring out what I can unload.

Although it's not recommended lots of people will buy one second hand so you should have no problem selling it privately.

Don't regret not buying the convertible seat - buying separate for each stage is safer actually. A Which study showed that all the ones they tested that convert have a weak point somewhere. Also if you're going to keep something over a decade the technology is going to get old compared to current products in the market.

Although it's not recommended lots of people will buy one second hand so you should have no problem selling it privately.

Don't regret not buying the convertible seat - buying separate for each stage is safer actually. A Which study showed that all the ones they tested that convert have a weak point somewhere. Also if you're going to keep something over a decade the technology is going to get old compared to current products in the market.

In the long run I don'tm really because we lucked out that the infant carrier was rated for 4 lbs and up instead of the more standard 5 lb. We didn't realize this when we bought it of course. Malcolm ended up being just under 5 lbs at birth but we ended up still being able to bring him home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->