Semen Analysis

socalgrom7

Reaction score
Just received the results of my semen analysis and am waiting to hear back from doctor but am anxious. Waiting just under 48 hrs between "collections". That may explain low volume. No sure. Otherwise, can someone explain these numbers to me? If treatment may be necessary, anyone have any tips?

WBC COUNT, SEMEN <=0 million/mL 1
SEMEN VOLUME >=1.5 mL 1.0
SPERM COUNT, SEMEN >=15 million/mL 123
SPERMATOZOA, IMMOTILE % 3
SPERM MOTILITY, 1+ AND 2+ >=40 % 12
SPERM MOTILITY, 3+ 44
SPERM MOTILITY, 4+ >=32 % 41
TOTAL MOTILE SPERM COUNT >=39 million/Spec 105

Just received the results of my semen analysis and am waiting to hear back from doctor but am anxious. Waiting just under 48 hrs between "collections". That may explain low volume. No sure. Otherwise, can someone explain these numbers to me? If treatment may be necessary, anyone have any tips?

WBC COUNT, SEMEN <=0 million/mL 1
SEMEN VOLUME >=1.5 mL 1.0
SPERM COUNT, SEMEN >=15 million/mL 123
SPERMATOZOA, IMMOTILE % 3
SPERM MOTILITY, 1+ AND 2+ >=40 % 12
SPERM MOTILITY, 3+ 44
SPERM MOTILITY, 4+ >=32 % 41
TOTAL MOTILE SPERM COUNT >=39 million/Spec 105

It looks pretty good. Your total sperm count was 123 million (it says on your results they want to see higher than 15 million). Total motile, moving sperm is 105 million. It looks like they graded motility of each sperm 1+ to 4+.

The only thing is the lower volume - they wanted > 1.5ml.

I wonder why they didn't check morphology.

Here is the motility grading system explained:

Sperm Motility. Motility (the speed and quality of movement) is graded on a 1 - 4 ranking system. For fertility, motility should be greater than 2.
Grade 1 sperm wriggle sluggishly and make little forward progress. (Sperm that, in fact, clump together may indicate that antibodies to the sperm are present.)
Grade 2 sperm move forward, but they are either very slow or do not move in a straight line.
Grade 3 sperm move in a straight line at a reasonable speed and can home in on an egg accurately.
Grade 4 sperm are as accurate as Grade 3 sperm, but move at a very rapid speed.

More good info here: https://www.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/infertility-in-men/diagnosis.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->