Semen Motility in bodybuilders? Ways to improve Motibility?

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
So my OH and I have or first fertility clinic app tomorrow and ahead of that we had to get all the SA/21 blood test etc and today my OH got his SA results and its not good. The doctor has said his semen is high in volume etc but motibility is pretty much non existant. My OH is heavily into bodybuilding and up until just having our 1st child was taking steroids so obv im very concerned this is the cause which it most probably is, he has to do another sample but im wondering are there things he can do to try improve motibility? Any particular supplements that may help? Or is it a case of this is him for life? Kx

Hi Kaylynn, my OH has 95% abnormal sperm and he is taking the following vits,

Wellman conception
Zinc
L-carnitine
L-arginine
Selenium
Vitamin d
Saw palmentto

He takes a few others too but these are the main ones for his sperm. M OH was into bodybuilding but never touched steroids, he did give this up many years ago though due to lack of time. Hvae the docs made any suggestions to you both?

Thanks for tthat. Well since this post we had fertility clinic app and we were told his sperm is fine just not moving at all so he has been placed on testosterone till novemeber and will be retested. I came home and went google mad and it would seenm that bodybuilders who come off steroids, there hormones hit the floor so they show all symtoms of azoospermia but in actual fact it is caused by nothing more than hormones plummit and needs hcg to regain itself. OH spoke with gp about it and he completely agreed but said he would never be prescribed hcg on nhs and in not so may words told oh to try get it himself and told him the doses to take so he is taking the hcg instead of the test and we will c what happens. oh is looking at it that the hosp told him it was a lost cause if the test didnt work so he has nothing to lose. Hope things look up for you too and you get your BFP kx

Thanks goodluck to you too. We have our appt this thur to see what they are going to do for us so my fingers are tightly crossed.

:dust: to us both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->