Sensitive skin and shaving rash on legs

blondey

Reaction score
Ever since having madam, I swear my body is damaged. I had an easy pregnancy and labour but some things have really changed!! Before when I was stressed about something I would lose weight, which would be a welcomed side effect right now! But nooooooo, I get IBS now :-( Also I now get heart burn and spots, which we unheard of pre-baby.

Anyhoooo, recently I've noticed another change since having madam, my legs have become ridiculously sensitive when shaving. I use shave gel or loads of foamy shower gel and recently changed to a venus razor with gel bar thingys thinking it might help, but after shaving when I put on some aloe vera moisturiser it stings like hell and then turns into a rash. Even now I can still feel it after doing my legs this morning!

Any tips?! Do they do women's after shave? Is there anything that might help prep wise to prevent it?

I'm pale enough as it is, without needing the red spots on my legs making me look like a freshly plucked chicken!!

Ta muchly :)

Maybe try waxing instead and see if that irritates your skin any less? If you use sugaring wax, it is water soluble and quite gentle.
It's been long enough since you had her that I would expect a lot of hormone-related sensitivity to have lessened. Any chance that you have developed a sensitivity to any of the ingredients in your shaving gels/creams/etc?
Maybe try one without all the SLS, parabens, etc and see if that one is less irritating?

If its the actual shaving that irritates your skin then nothing is gonna help it after the fact. Maybe you should try a daily cream for sensitivity to help improve your skin and also as above said try a different hair removal method.

I shave with just a razor and water, since doing this, i've stayed rash free. I have to invest in decent razors though!

I stopped using the fancy Venus one which has all the slimy gel and I use a good disposable and plenty of bubbles and I never put cream on straight afterwards. I think shaving opens the pores etc and then the cream gets in and stings.... I'd not bother with a cream til that night (if you shave in the morning)

I cant wet shave my legs due to getting nasty rashes. So now i use a lady shave and its solved all that :) Smooth legs and no rash x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->