Sensory Integration- book advice

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can offer me advice on the best books about sensory integration issues.

So far on Amazon I have found:

1. The Out Of Sync Child

2. Parenting a Child with Sensory Processing Disorder: A Family Guide to Understanding and Supporting Your Sensory-sensitive Child

3. Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues

Can anyone advise if any of these books are actually any good or recommend any others to me.

Thanks! :flower:

I dunno about books, but I have a sensory integration disorder. :) So, I don't know how much help I could be but if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll answer as best I can. :thumbup: (I joined your fundraising group on FB btw, hope I can help in some way!)

My kids both have sensory issues as well. Unfortunatly those are the books I'd recommend. If you have any questions please ask. I have a sensory seeker, and one that is all over the board. Have you looked into therapy?

I have both the Out of Sync Child and the Out of Sync Child Has fun - both are great books. They are dog ears because I have referred to them so often.

I also love Parenting the fussy baby and the high needs child by Dr. William Sears - it's not so much about sensory kids but I have found it gives lots of ideas on how to deal with difficult situations. Learning how to speak to the high needs kid, how to handle melt downs etc, how to not get to the end of your rope and stay calm so you yell less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->