Serial daters

R

robinator

I was just reading a blurb about Taylor Swift and it got me thinking. She seems to have another guy lined up before dumping the current one and has openly admitted to not wanting to be alone.

Are serial daters actually insecure people who only find fulfillment while in a relationship; jumping from one to the next without taking a breath?

On the flip side, are people who take breaks in between relationships, and say it's important to take a breather and be single for awhile, using that as an excuse because they can't get a date?

I realize there is no black or white, but I'm curious what people's takes are on this.

There's no answer to that. Some people who are serial dates as you put it are perhaps insecure, some are not. Some single people cannot get dates, some can. It's hardly something that can be categorised so plainly.

It is broad, but I think there are specific types in each group, too. My best friend growing up is (was until she married) a serial dater: her parents divorced when she was young and saw how much her mom struggled as a single parent. My friend jumped from guy to guy because (as she told me), the thought of ever having her life turn out like her mom's scared her. Insecurity definitely plays into that.

My second closest friend had one boyfriend in HS, two in college with looooong stints in between. She would look down her nose on BF #1 as someone who couldn't handle being alone (almost judgey. Maybe it was judgey, looking back). Friend #2 rarely got asked out and maybe she was jealous. I don't know.

But these aren't the first people I've run into like this. Just curious.

This is interesting because i cant understand why people 'need' someone and cant be alone - i could be single and the thought doesnt scare me - i wouldnt jump into another realtionship at all.

My ex boyfriend was a cheat and he never left a relationship of his own accord before having someone else to go on too - does it mean these 'types' are the most likely too cheat?

I have friends that need to jump straight in to different relationships and some that like single time from all different walks of life x

This is interesting because i cant understand why people 'need' someone and cant be alone - i could be single and the thought doesnt scare me - i would jumo into another realtionship at all.

My ex boyfriend was a cheat and he never left a relationship of his own accord before having someone else to go on too - does it mean these 'types' are the most likely too cheat?
I have friends that need to jump straight in to different relationships and some that like single time from all different walks of life x

I don't think that people who relationship-jump are cheaters by default, but I think cheaters are relationship-jumpers (if that makes sense).

People who cheat are relationship jumpers, because they are cheating and already have someone lined up on the side, ready to go.

People who are relationship jumpers might go a few days/a week/etc before getting together with someone else; someone they weren't already seeing.

Hope I explained it better ;)

ahhh right yes i get you now - all i can say is it must be a insecure issue ?- i'm not sure why people do that as i am not one of them - it would be interesting to find out - i couldnt just jump from one relationship to another and i never actively looked for relationships whilst i have been single x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->