Serious hair loss - freaking out!!

August3

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Please tell me that my hair will stop falling out soon or I will be bald!

The hair loss is staggering. I keep finding masses of hair coming out when I brush. I only have to fix my pony tail and I end up with a huge handful. No matter how well I hoover and clean, I'm still finding my hair everywhere! It is disgusting!

My wee one is now 7 months old, shouldn't the extreme hair loss have stopped by now?

I felt like I lost a lot of hair, it was everywhere. DH would even find it in his lunch at work and evening meal. I think it started to slow down around 6 months and now it's back to normal.

So much of my hair fell out after having my lo's! It happened for a few months. I think it took almost a year to stop completely. Yours should slow down soon.

Same boat here! Mine actually looks thinner on top and I have to clean out the bath drain after I shower each time :(

Ugh. I have a pixie cut and my hair has been falling out for a month. I hope it slows down soon or I'm going to look like a balding man...

I didnt really notice my hair getting thicker when i was pregnant, just that it seemed so much more oily...im ok with losing some hair, as long as it is just the white ones i developed when i was pregnant... :haha:

Nioxin saved my head from going bald! :haha:

Expensive but soooooo worth it.

https://m.nioxin.com/group_products.aspx

Same here, hair is falling out all over the place and I hate it! Ponytail is getting skinnier by the day!

I was going crazy too plus I nearly had some bald patches. My hair was long nearly under my bum but I had to cut it cause bubs was always with loads of hair in his mouth. I stopped breastfeeding at 8 months and took some hair vitamins and now I have loads of baby hair phew I thought it wouldnt grow back.

I went through the same! Someone recommend taking prenatal vitamins to help. I thought I wouldn't have any hair left, lol, but it's all back to normal now thank goodness. You'll be fine too hun. x

I already have thin hair so it is extra distressing for me. It seems to be falling out more from the sides and they have gone very thin :(

After having my son, it slowed around 6-7months. Hopefully yours will stop soon.

I've just started growing it back, it was even worse than with my daughter, started around 4 months with both. It should stop by 8 months or so, but if it doesn't please check your thyroid -- I had issues with it both times :(

Soooooo glad to hear that I won't be polishing my pate in the future! Have been taking vitamins but will search out the nioxin mentioned. Thanks ladies!

Nioxin saved my head from going bald! :haha:

Expensive but soooooo worth it.

https://m.nioxin.com/group_products.aspx

^WSS. This stuff really does help. I lost loads of hair, it probably took the whole first year to stop losing it. I've been using Nioxin since it started, and ever since. I noticed once I started using Nioxin that less would fall out as I brushed, so it was definitely and improvement. My hair is still much thinner than normal, almost 2 yrs later, but its starting to grow back in now. I've also been taking a biotin supplement to help.

Also, depending where you live, there is a Groupon for Nioxin hair treatment right now. I think it was $45 for like 4-5 bottles? Which is an amazing price for it. It's normally close to that price for one bottle.

eta: It was $45 for 2 bottles, not 4

I second prenatal, and also not pulling your hair back in tight ponytails or buns will help as well.

Totally guilty of pulling my hair back into ponies, it's either that or have it yanked out by my wee girlie! Going to get my thyroid checked this week. Thanks ladies :thumbup:

Ugh, here too..... am really upset because I think I've doubly screwed myself. About a month ago I accidentally bought a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner that said "for all hair types" and after a week or two noticed a "glue" kind of feeling in my hair... turns out the stuff had kertain in it!!!!! ugh. I already have thin/flat hair normally and this stuff ruined it! It still feels greasy and a friend of mine suggested diluting dish soap to wash the keratin out, followed by a vinegar rinse. (For those that don't know apparently keratin has been linked to hair loss!!!!) Combined with postpartum hair loss I'm now losing it left and right as well. :( :( I'm scared it's all going to come out.

I have been following all the tips mentioned here so far: I bought prenatal vitamins to take (again), bought a wide toothed comb, and I have to pull my hair back often (when I exercise) so I bought the soft scrunchy kind rather than rubber band type I WAS using. I'm also thinking of going to get a haircut as a friend of mine mentioned it will help promote new hair growth. I think I'll go for a < shoulder length cut and just cross my fingers the hair stops falling out soon. This sucks!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->