Sertraline PND medication

bexbaby

Reaction score
has any of you ladies out there been perscribed sertaline for pnd or anxiety? i have anxiety i had been taking st johns wort but they just gradually stopped working. i had to go back to the doctors on thursday because my panic attacks had crept back up on me. i think it was due to me worrying about a jury summons i have coming up. but ive told the doctor and he basically said he'd prefer it if i didnt do the jury summons just in case a anxiety attack was to happen mid trial. anyway he then got onto how i was feeling after the baby etc.. like was i coping well, did i worry about my LO, do i genuinely feel down in the dumps. but myself i only had a few symptoms. but because i had been back and to, to the doctors for a while now he finally said he thinks it is pnd not just anxiety attacks and i have been perscribed sertabline 50mg ive been taking them since thrusday only half a tablet which is what the doctor perscribed i felt fine day 1 but today which is saturday ive had headaches, terrible stomach cramps, not been able to go to the bathroom, confusion just not very nice things to feel. has anyone else been in the same position as me and could give me some piece of mind to this medication PLEASEEEE!

Thankyou :) xx

sertraline can cause headaches but usually only occurs in the first 2-3 weeks of taking them, if it doesnt settle after that you may want to switch meds. there'e loads out there. xx

well ive only been taking them 3 days now so i think i may just continue with them until tuesday when my docs is open again and just see if i feel any better, i have to have a blood test on tuesday to so i can ask my doc about other meds then. i just dont like the feelings there giving me, terrible stomach cramps and feeling like i need the toilet but nothing happens. i dont want to feel down in the dumps because before i started taking them i did feel fine it was just my anxiety, basically dont want something thats suppose to make me better make me worse :( x

I use them,before pregnancy I was on 50mg but then during last tri I needed them again so now on 150mg and they working great for me.xx

have you had any side effects from them? i think i may need some time to adjust to them you see. ive never taken anything like this before so i didnt know what to expect xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->