Service dog for autism.

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I have found out that Josh is entitled to a service dog through a trial/research program this service/guide dogs charity is doing.

I am tempted into applying because Josh loves dogs (we have chihuahuas but they don't really like Josh unfortunately). They say the dogs have helped kids with autism a lot with anxiety and over stimulation of senses in public places like grocery stores etc. Also it helps them to relate to people and helps with social situations.

Would you apply? The dog we would get is obviously perfectly trained for the purpose of working with/for a toddler...

I would definitely apply! I will have to see if anything like that is available in Calgary!

I would definitely apply! I will have to see if anything like that is available in Calgary!

It's through Mira foundation. Maybe you can look them up, I know they have a center near Montreal, but I don't know about Calgary. Worth looking!!! xxx

Doesn't seem to be any service dogs available for autism in the Calgary area. Too bad, I will have to keep checking though.

I know this is an old forum, but i have a service dog so does dh but i also help people train their own service dogs. I truly believe you should go for it. they are such amazing creatures and if your son connects with animals it can really help him form social relationships. GO FOR IT!!!! :)

We dont have a service dog but just a pet dog. I think pets in general are fab for kids esp disabled children x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->