Sever depression

NailsByLisax

Reaction score
Does anyone suffer with this? I have suffered with depression on/off since 2010. I was prescribed Citalopram but it didn't do a thing. I recently went back to the doctors & he said it has gone from mild depression to severe :( I didn't need anyone to tell me that as I knew myself it was worse than before! I am now on 15mg Mirtazaplin (sp) & was just wondering if anyone has been prescribed them before & if so, how did you find them? X

I have had severe depression since I was twelve, I'm now nearly 28. With the right meds it's manageable. But it takes time and sometimes you will feel even worse, to find the right meds. Sometimes you might need to go into hospital to get the meds right.

It's a serious illness, don't be ashamed, it's an illness.

I have been on meds for 7 years since I had my dd. I started on venlafaxine and went to citslopram a while after. I was absolutely fine on them, quite happy and just liked getting on with life, for the sake of 1 tablet a day, it was an easy decision for me! I came off all meds in august last year to conceive and as soon as baby is born im going straight back on them. I've noticed the signs that depression is Creeping back and I feel quite helpless at the moment. :-(

I have severe depression. I have regular appointments with mental health team and have been on Citalopram, Fluoxetine (Valium), Venlafaxine.. even sleeping pills (Zopiclone). I am being moved to Diazepam..
I know it's not easy. Every day is a struggle. If you need to talk, I'll listen.

hey there, well i have had a mixture of mental illnesses since a child. i developed severe depression during puberty and anxiety due to some physical and mental abuse i suffered at the age of 12. I was not properly diagnosed until age 17 when i was put on different types of antidepressants known as SSRI's which are Citalopram, prozac, paroxatine, but they all made me rather manic and OTT which i thought meant were making me better because i was so chatty and over the top friendly to the point it scared people, i also started cutting myself and my hair if anyone rejected me. I was put on zopiclone for sleep and Seroquel (quetiapine) for mania and they made me tired, hungry and fat, and zopiclone became addictive. I have had a lot of different meds and am finally now properly diagnosed (bipolar and anxiety) and am on lorazepam, a stronger form of diazepam as well as a mood stabilizer and Venlafaxine which is being tapered as bipolar does not respond well to antidepressants of that nature which is why the others never worked, i also have an addictive personality so need to be careful. Depression, major or severe is serious and you need to seek help from your doc, citalopram is very weak in my opinion, you might need something stronger :hugs: :hugs: thinking of u

hey there, well i have had a mixture of mental illnesses since a child. i developed severe depression during puberty and anxiety due to some physical and mental abuse i suffered at the age of 12. I was not properly diagnosed until age 17 when i was put on different types of antidepressants known as SSRI's which are Citalopram, prozac, paroxatine, but they all made me rather manic and OTT which i thought meant were making me better because i was so chatty and over the top friendly to the point it scared people, i also started cutting myself and my hair if anyone rejected me. I was put on zopiclone for sleep and Seroquel (quetiapine) for mania and they made me tired, hungry and fat, and zopiclone became addictive. I have had a lot of different meds and am finally now properly diagnosed (bipolar and anxiety) and am on lorazepam, a stronger form of diazepam as well as a mood stabilizer and Venlafaxine which is being tapered as bipolar does not respond well to antidepressants of that nature which is why the others never worked, i also have an addictive personality so need to be careful. Depression, major or severe is serious and you need to seek help from your doc, citalopram is very weak in my opinion, you might need something stronger :hugs: :hugs: thinking of u

What do you mean 'Addictive personality?' :)

I was on citalopram a couple of years back, for me it took a long time to actually work and I felt very depressed and my anxiety levels where sky high soon after starting to take the meds. I ended up being on 50mg of Citalopram and it just never full worked after about a year of taking it I stopped.

I'm now on 10mg of Estitalo (Escitalopram) it's the genetic name not sure what the one of the prescription was? and I actually feel it's working great, along with my psychologist - believe me I was very skeptical about seeing a psychologist but she's a very helpful lady and really listens. I think I have cried during every session so far but you know what who cares at least I'm getting somewhere and starting to feel really good again. good luck!

I have had severe depression since I was about 9 and have been medicated from about 15. I went from depression to a diagnosis of BPD to Bi-Polar and I am now 20. I never found any medications worked for me apart from Lamotrogine (Lamactil) which I have been taken off of during pregnancy as of potential effects to the baby. I only ever found PRN medications (meds taken as and when needed) to help, and even then they have to be a strong sedative that knock me out for 36-48 hours which I will be unable to take in pregnancy and post pregnancy. I have been to all the emotion classes available and was hospitalised for 6mo following depression induced suicide attempts. I can't really offer any advice, but I can tell you you're not alone and you're never alone. I hope you find it in yourself to battle through this :hugs:

I've been diagnosed bi polar since I was 13 . Depression is thought because it takes the right combination of meds . Most meds you need to give a minimum of 6 weeks to build Up in Your system and sometimes it take 2 or more drugs .

If you don't have one already try getting a psychiatrist not just a gp .

Im on this medication to help me sleep its meant to help with the depression but it does nothing, to be honest I find this medicine rubbish and this is my first time taking them, I am considering changing them now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->