Severe acid reflux

BabyGirl999

Harry's mummy!
Reaction score
Anyone suffering from severe acid reflux? I can't eat anything except plain chicken, fish, potatoes, bread and some vegetables, and dairy. NO chocolate, no tea (in fact nothing but water), no sauces, no fatty foods, no fried foods and it's so hard!

I can put up with the enforced diet, but the acid reflux gets so high that it causes breathlessness A LOT and it is very hard to deal with, I also have a tight chest fairly often. I'm drinking gaviscon by the gallon. I'm already on Omeprazole from pre pregnancy. I have to sleep on a wedge at night.

The thought of this for the next 6 months is really getting me down.

Anyone else?

Yes I have reflux disease so I'm always on omeprazole. How many mg are you taking? Try taking one in the morning and one in the evening. They're completely safe. I have taken them with all of my kids. Is it a low dose? Because omeprazole should be keeping reflux at bay in early pregnancy no problem xxxx

I am taking one in morning and one at 4pm ish before evening meal, they are 20mg, are there larger doses available?

I'm having really bad heartburn which I think is also acid reflux too because I had it before.
My doula just recommended these for heartburn, I would think they would help with acid reflux. I haven't tried any yet as I just read the email this morning.

* Suck on Fennel seeds or Fennel Candy
* Kefir yogurt drink
* Herbal Supplement she will give me if those don't work

Good luck! :)

Im on Pantaprozole and was pre pregnancy. Its generic fir Protonix. I was on Omeprazole but it got to where it wasnt strong enough. So far I have not had any issues at all since being pregnant.

I have reflux problems without pregnancy so I'm usually on Zantac 150mg once a day, since being pregnant my reflux is much worse so the doctor told me to take one when I wake up and one before bed. It has made a huge difference. I also seem to be suffering quite a bit with indigestion/trapped wind this time around so I take one or two rennie deflatine whenever I feel it coming on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->