Severe anemia and lack of appetite.

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
So I was pretty anemic during ptegnancy anyway. I absolutely sucked at remembering tablets.
They tested my iron before delivery and it was still pretty low. They tested after delivery and due to blood loss it was so low they were considering a blood transfusion but opted to put me on a high dose of iron instead.

I've done better to remember these tablets. Although I'm meant to have three I remember to have at least one or two a day (trying to remember everything with a newborn is impossible!)

But ever since I gave birth I've had NO appetite. Like not even a little bit. I don't want to eat.

A year before my pregnancy I was so underweight I was around 6 stone 6 pounds at my lightest. And I feel like I ate more back when I was anorexic than I do right now!

I haven't eaten for 24 hours and I'm only considering eating incase I faint. Otherwise I'll gladly wait til later.

My other half is away for a couple of days so I don't even have him to MAKE me eat something.

Anyone else have complete loss of appetite? Like to this kinda level?? And anyone else suffering with anemia AFTER delivery??

I have a slight lose of appetite but nothing like you describe. Today I didn't eat until 2pm and I wasn't even hungry then just knew if I didn't eat then I prob wouldn't feel well very soon.

I have/had anemia as well. Same situation as you just managed to avoid a blood transfusion by the skin of my teeth and take 2 iron tablets daily along with a megadose of vitamin c to help with absorption. In just one month I managed to lose 26+ lbs .... Which is all my baby weight plus an additional 6lbs and in just one month my irons levels jumped up to 10 which is still low but not considered severe.

I kind of like not having an appetite but I think it has more to do with just being busy with baby then my iron levels....but I guess anything is possible. My thyroid is also on the low side right now which could also effect appetite. I'm not complaining that's for sure.

After DS was born I got 7units of blood, and then I got home and literally lived on toast and orange juice for 3months. I weighed 6'11 before birth 8'7 16days over due pregnant, and 7st on the button 6weeks ppm.
My appetite has returned I weigh 6'13 now. I'm vegan so I take floradix every day my bloods are still below even though I got my last transfusion in July. And 10months ppm I'm still grey in colouring.

Go to your doctor, make sure he stays on top of your bloods. Eat non processed food and drink plenty of water.
If you still feel unwell ask for bloods,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->