Severe Anemia

Hangin_On_AGS

Reaction score
I got my hemoglobin rechecked after taking iron supplements 3 times a day and it did not go up enough I went from 9.2 to 9.7 in a month. I am now in need of an IV iron infusion. I'm pretty nervous because I have a very bad metal allergy and I've read some people who get it can have a metal allergy reaction and my body will already be fighting my severe allergy to the glue used in the iv tape. I voiced these concerns to my ob who said well it says it's people who have anaphylactic reactions who are at high resolution risk... Oh you mean like how my throat swells from the surgical glue? He than said but you don't have asthma do you? Umm yes I take flovent once a day and have a rescue albuteral inhaler and nebulizer..... He said he would check with me gp on that. I'm really worried about this iv now. I'm worried what an anaphylactic reaction could do to my baby. My husband leaves in 2 weeks and I would hate for it to happen while he's gone and something go wrong. Has anyone had this iv or something similar? I just really need some reassurance right now.

Surely, they have a different type of tape they can use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->