Severe nappy rash help!!!

B

Bekkiboo

Ladies I need help, I've just changed Cassidys bottom and her tiny nappy rash has transformed into majorly severe nappy rash to the point she has a massive blister on her bum! I don't know if the nappy rash is onset of teething as she has a slight redness on her chin too, all I know is she is suffering with it, cries if I sit her up on her bottom and does this mad thrust action when she's lying down to breastfeed!

What do I do? What can I use that will help it without messing about with the nappies performance? I hate seeing her suffer and the blister on her bum looks really painful! HELP ME!!

Ooh teethings awful.

Clean her bum with tepid water, no wipes, loads of air to it, Bepatham is wonderful.

Lay her on her tummy with her nappy off and a thick towel under her.

hth.

V xxx

Plenty of air time, fo your goin to put a cream on and use cloth use a liner. You can buy raw silk liners to help with nappy rash aswell. Hope it gets better quickl :hugs:

i swore by Metanium but it stains so be careful!!!! it got rid of daisy's kille rash within a couple of hours !!! lots of no nappy time and a bit EBM helps too :) :hugs: to cassidy's poor bum (without sounding a bit perverse and weird!)

sara

xxxxx

It's just awful, I'm at the inlaws and just know they will blame the nappies!

I change her every 2-3 hours unless she soils the nappy so I can only assume it's from teething! I feel like I've neglected her or something and I know the inlaws are thinking the same :cry: they've already suggested I get some disposables and give her bum a 'rest' from the cloth!

Thanks for the advice though hun, I'm going to spend a day airing her bottom tomorrow and hope that helps!

x x

i found diposables make rashes worse not better though there are probably some people who could argue against that. Tell them air is good for it and cloth is more breathable than sposies!

I swear by nappy off time and Bepantham :D

Try using cooled chamomile tea with washable wipes and then let it air dry. When Alice was really sore and I used this she visibly relaxed, so I swear by it.

Freya has had a few rashes over the last month due to being poorly and I have just given her loads of nappy off time and used Sudocrem. Bepanthen and Metanium don't seem to work as well on her as that. I don't use it in the nappies unless I'm using a fleece liner. All day with her nappy off should sort it no probs. Also don't wipe her if she has just done a wee, as this irritates the skin if it is sore.

Hope it gets better really fast!

yeah what that others said lol
lots of nappy free time
chamomile tea as a wash (i have an organic chamomile nappy balm which is fantastic from tescos)
bepanthan/morhulin/metanium just dont cake it on as that doesnt allow air to the skin

i read somewhere that some people put a couple of chamomile teabags in the bath to sooth LO's bum, havent tried that one yet but it cant do any harm x

ooh i might try that camomile tea thing, would if it would help or aggrivate my LO's eczema tho?

Alice has eczema and chamomile really soothes her - I'd give it a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->