sewing ... and babys?

sarah design

Reaction score
Hi, I am Sarah, a Design student from Loughborough University. For my final year project, I am hoping to redesign the sewing machine. I was wondering if you would mind answering a couple of questions which will help me to find out whether sewing is popular with young mums.

- Have you considered buying a sewing machine since becoming a new mum?

- If yes, have you used a machine before?

Thank you for your help
Sarah :D

Hey hun, i have just started a sewing course started by a local mum along with 4 friends. There are 10 of us altogether. Xx

i brought one a few months after my baby was born and hadnt used one before. But got the hang of it now!

Thought I'd add my two cents... I am not a mom yet but I learned to sew several years ago. But of all my friends who are moms and have sewing machines, none of them have found the time to learn!

I'm a young mom and have a sewing machine :) But I've been sewing since I was around 8 years old, it wasn't inspired by getting pregnant or anything.

I learned to sew at age 5. =) I just got my own two years ago for my 20th birthday, for the purpose of sewing when I have kids! I collect baby patterns. ^^

Since becoming a mum it has inspired me to want to design childrens cothes, so i went back to college and now study fashion and design :)

I got the machine about 5 months ago, and i only used my mums before shen i was 15 and i broke it hehe!

I would love a sewing machine right now. I want to make my daughter dresses, and eventually other clothes. I have used a sewing machine before, when I was at school. I did textiles, so I would hope I would pick it up quite quick. Having a baby has made me more determined to get one, whereas before I have wanted one, but never persuded it incase it went to waste and wasnt used much.

I got myself a sewing machine after my lo was born, i used to lend my mums but she smokes and it stinks of cigs :S i couldnt bring myself to use it for anything baby related.
I have used it to make a patchwork quilt and some taggies, i also want to try a custom hood for my bugaboo but since i started making a christmas stocking in november and didnt even manage to get it finished for christmas i doubt i will find the time, teething babies r hard work:S and i go back to work soon :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->