Sex question (!): lying on your back okay??

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Ladies,
This is a personal question, and I'm too embarrassed to ask my doctor. I know you're not supposed to lie on your back after the 1st trimester. So... should you stop having sex in missionary position, but only in other, non-lying positions? I've heard pregnancy sex can be amazing, but can you only use certain positions?
:blush:

Technically you aren't supposed to be flat on your back, thus missionary isn't the most ideal position but you can put a pillow under your lower back/butt to keep you from lying totally flat and that's ok. Personally missionary is the only position that doesn't hurt me so we use it more than any other. You can try side-lying, doggy-style, the wheelbarrow, and girl on top if you want to avoid lying on your back.

Personally if i want to lay on my back i do. My body will let me know if it is or isn't okay. you can feel that change in your blood flow from the weight. We do missionary all the time and have never had any problems. as long as you are physically comfortable and not in any pain or having numbness or tingling it should be fine.

You'll be fine laying on your back as long as it isn't for an extended period of time. And just like the above poster said, your body will let you know if it's doing okay :)

Missionary is getting harder with a bump but I don't care for anything else right now :(

Do whatever makes you comfortable. Until it starts to become uncomfortable, why not. You can prop yourself up with pillows also, but just listen to your body :)

I'm 29 weeks with twins and still doing okay with missionary. If you feel sick, dizzy, numb, etc then you need to move otherwise it's fine. The blood flow isn't always cut off when you lie on your back, but sometimes can be so just move if you feel symptoms.

I lay on my back pretty much all my last pregnancy and have done this time. I just move if it starts getting uncomfy.
I also did missionary nearly the whole way through last time and probably will this time.

My Dr told me your body will let you know so listen to it. Missionary was fine here till about a week ago, now if we want that position it's missionary with two pillows under my bum as bump gets in the road. Lots of other options but for some reason I really like missionary in PG.

I lie on my back all the time, not for sex these days lol as it's not comfy with my bump but always go to sleep lying on my back and I wake up on my side. I've never been told by a health professional it's not ok to lie on my back, it's only something I've heard on here.

My midwife told me that most mattresses are soft enough where it is not a problem unless you feel sick or dizzy.

I still lie on my back... for the amount of times it happens currently, and how much time it lasts *cough* I'm sure there's no harm...

we'll switch it up though once the bump is getting in the way ;)

I've been sleeping lying on my back and on both sides: at 34 weeks I can't lie on my tummy though lol! Haven't really had any problems and baby is doing well :)

As for sex, we tend to do it sideways and doggy - there's no way I'd want to feel my 6ft, 14 stone OH on my bump lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->