shall i do it?

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
I really do need to contracept myself while my body sorta itself out but we hate condoms and i refuse to go on any form of hormonal contraception..so i was thinking,,,,,,,

COPPER IUD!?

wat do ya recon? soon as its removed fertility comes back strait away....

haha, well u know the mirena coil right? Its the same but no hormones, its just copper instead. :)

Sorry for replying but I have to ask, Isnt there such a thing as Copper Poisoning? Or am I crazy..

hahaha, hun yeah there is such thing but the copper coil is designed and has been used for veryyy many years as a none hormonal method.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrauterine_device

If you don't want anymore hormones then it would be just perfect for you! But... my friend had one put in about 3 months ago and she has been having awful AF's that last for 2 and a half weeks! I'm sure it's not like that for everyone but thought I ought to share it!! xx

i dont have any af at all..and if i do theyre really light and every 10-12 days so id be more than happy to have something going on in there..getting fed up now :( cause with a copper IUD u can still ovulate etc but it just makes ur womb toxic to sperm, which is fair enough for me i dont mind. Itd be interesting to know wats going on to my body and pinpoint ovulation without getting preggers :D

My friend didn't have any AF at all either so she has gone from one extreme to the other! Good luck with whatever you decide!! xx

i think im gonna. I think its the best option for me. i just hope the bloody thing sticks haha.

one thing freaks me out a lil bit though.....

The string, they say u can feel it in your cervix and its how u check that its still there. But what about your period..wont it blood stain the string?

Oh Lol Ok I was hoping I wasnt saying something stupid. Thanks for the link!

I have a friend in Scotland, she has something like that I believe and shes had major bleeding for months at a time! I would pull my hair out. Its like for 3 weeks time, then it stops for a few days then starts again. She said its been going on for a whole year.. I keep telling her somethings wrong if its been that long.

I hav it, have had one for 9 months now. I hav a love hate relationship wid it tbh lol. its great cos you dont hav 2 think about it at all and doesnt affect fertility. But my personal negatives are: my OH can feel the strings and he says it feels like someone is scratching his wat not :) (really shud get round to havin strings trimmed) Its unpleasant havin it put in, my first 6 months of periods were EXTREMELY heavy, painful and long. I thought I was havin some sort of hemmorage the 1st month and it lasted about 2 weeks. Lots of spotting between periods still and unpleasant discharge almost constantly, to the point I hav 2 wear pantiliners at all time :( so its not great 4 me, but theres nothing else I feel I would want, so hav 2 put up wid it. Good luck wat eva u decide xxx

one thing freaks me out a lil bit though.....

The string, they say u can feel it in your cervix and its how u check that its still there. But what about your period..wont it blood stain the string?

I hav never checked mine, that idea freaks the hell outta me, But ive been told you seriously know if it falls out cos it will get lodged on the way and b very uncomfy. Also the string is'nt like string its like fine metal. String would rot lol. xxx

lmao thought so haha. Meh what type of discomfort? ive had quite alot of stuff done down there like a camera up my pee hole now that hurt ALOT. what does it involve? xxx

Well depends on how gentle the person is really, but its like havin a examination like when they check how dilated you are when in labour. Then they dilate your cervix slightly, which is like a sharp period pain and then afterwrds its like intense period pains for about 2 days. I had to take painkillers for a couple of days even through the nite. But its nothing unbareable. The pain during periods at the beginning was awful tho, you just want to sit/lay down all the time, bit hard with a new baby. But its ok now, just the discharge which is a pain in the arse xxx

yikes, how the hell do they dilate ur cervix for you :O

I dont get period cramps anymore not since having ollie so do ya recon itd hurt as much as it hurt u?

With their finger, kinda like a sweep to encourage labour. But its really not as bad as you think its gonna be, I found the cramps after more uncomfortable.
I neva used to have bad peiods b4 Noah and then I had'nt had a period till I had my coil fitted as I was BFing. But im sure its diff for everyone. However when you read info about coils, painful heavy periods are listed as a common side effect. But as I sais everyone is diff hun, you could be totally fine. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->