Share a Recipe!

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
Hello,
Anyone packing their freezer for some ready-mades meals yet?
Let's help each other out and list some of your favourite meals that will just need to be popped in the oven when we are all busy with our babies :)

I'll start with a Spaghetti Casserole....
Ingredients: 1 pkg(16 ounces) spaghetti, 1lb ground beef, 1 medium onion, 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 eggs, 1/3cup grated parmesan cheese, 5tbsp melted butter, 2 cups cottage cheese, 4 cups mozzarella cheese.
Directions: cook spaghetti as normal, meanwhile saute beef and onions until brown. Drain any fat, and add sauce and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, butter, and parmesan cheese. Drain spaghetti and coat in this egg mixture. Place half the spaghetti mixture into greased 3-quart baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, half the meat mixture, and half the mozzerella cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover and freeze
When wanting to bake...preheat oven to 350F and bake 40 minutes covered. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until cheese is melted...

Here is one I plan to make.

Pizza Pasta Casserole

2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 (26 once) jars spaghetti sauce
16 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 ounces sliced pepperoni

Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in oil. Drain. Stir in pasta, spaghetti sauce, and 3 cups cheese. Place mixture in 2 greased 9×13 pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with pepperoni. Cover and freeze or bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.

I like to add Parmesan cheese too!

Here is another one I think sounds yummy!

Taco Lasagna

12 oven ready lasagna noodles (see note)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (1-oz.) package Old El Paso taco seasoning
1 egg
1 (15-oz.) carton ricotta cheese
4 cups (1 lb.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 (24-oz.) jar chunky salsa
Optional toppings: sour cream, green onions, diced tomatoes

In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink. Drain meat and add the taco seasoning. Stir until combined and set aside.
In a small bowl, add the egg and ricotta and stir until combined.
In a 9x13 baking dish, start by layering 4 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Next, layer ⅓ of the ricotta, ⅓ of the beef mixture, ⅓ of the salsa, and ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat the layers 2 more times.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole has heated through and is bubbly. Let casserole stand 10 minutes before cutting. Top with sour cream, sliced green onions, and diced tomatoes if desired.

Notes
I use oven ready or no-boil lasagna noodles to save time. You can use regular noodles as well, just boil them before assembling.

Freezing: This freezes great! To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours and then bake as directed.

Anyone else have a recipe to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"