Sharpie mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCS

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any luck with this? Iv tried it 2 years and both times it failed. Ease tell me where im going wrong.

they don't work ive tried loads but I did buy ceramic pens from hobbycraft they work perfect :) xx

You have to sharpie them and then cook them at 230 degrees for an hour in the oven. Put them in the oven while it's cold so it doesn't 'shock' the mug from temperature.

I tried it the other day. I used one of our normal mugs.... mostly cuz i thought it wouldnt work and it bloody worked. No now i have a random mug, which is beautifully decorated by my 3 year old.

I put it in the oven while it was cold, and left it at 200 for an hour or so then left it to cool in the oven. Gave it a right good scrub but it stayed put.
Thanks.

I've not had any luck. The colours change completely in the oven and it most definitely does not stand up to the dish washer.

You have to use oil based sharpies! Regular ones won't work. They rub off even after baking and fade colour.

I used neon ones for the first lot and did some more today so will bake them tomorrow Nd see how it goes.

Where's best for plain mugs to do this? X

Asda do a 4 pack for 1.75ish or argos do 6 packs for 3.50. Ikea do some for like 35p, dont think they are very big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"