Shellac gel nails

dizzyisacow

wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
Has anyone had this done? know anyone who has?
My aunt ordered it online and i will be doing mine as well but i was wondering if it will help my own nails to grow, does it really last and not chip? how do you remove it? and how do you apple it?

I don't know much about it, except that my friend uses it and absolutely loves it. She's a trained nail technician although is working in an office at the moment.

My MIL has the lamp etc and yep it really does promote growth and stop them breaking. I went back to acrylics though because it just wouldn't stay on my nails for some reason and would literally just Peel off after a few days. With MIL though hers stays on for about two weeks so I think it really does depend on how much you use your hands! It looks gorgeous on though!

To get it off when it didn't Peel off just a few minutes in acetone and it just comes straight off. Putting it on is a bit more complex but still easy! :)

I've had mine done twice but it just seems to peel off my nails too and lasts a few days

I have only had a shellac pedicure (three times now) and it lasts weeks! literally. I love the french manicure.

I have never had them done on my fingers but the amount of housework and things i do, I'd say it would last a week at most. I don't apply it myself a nail tech to do it so I cant advise you there. sorry.

A friend of mine swears by them, she gets it doen and they last 2 to 3 weeks and they dont chip and look great.

She found that if you cant get to the salon to get them taken off then they peel off fine too.

I've had mine done twice but it just seems to peel off my nails too and lasts a few days

same :wacko:

Ive had the same coat on my toenails for over a month and its only just started to grow out but it peels off my nails in less than a week xx

I had mine done and really liked it, I didn't know you could do it at home though. Hmmmm might have to look into that, I would love to have them done in a salon every two weeks but I just don't get chance. Where did your aunt buy everything from? I noticed a few things on e bay, might give it a try :)

I had mine done and really liked it, I didn't know you could do it at home though. Hmmmm might have to look into that, I would love to have them done in a salon every two weeks but I just don't get chance. Where did your aunt buy everything from? I noticed a few things on e bay, might give it a try :)

she got them from ebay. she didnt get the bottom and top coat though and i saw an ebay video and they used them but not sure if its necessary, but we shall see! she got a french manicure a pink and red

she got them from ebay. she didnt get the bottom and top coat though and i saw an ebay video and they used them but not sure if its necessary, but we shall see! she got a french manicure a pink and red

I think you do need top and bottom coat to set it hun. My sister gets them done at the salon where she works, hers doesn't last that long because her hands are constantly in water, hair dye, bleach etc (hairdresser :haha:) my friends also just bought the kit for home and loves it!

Ooohhh I'm so tempted! I had the french manicure in the salon and it was so nice, looked perfect for about two weeks and then started chipping a bit and growing out.

I do Gelish! Same thing really but bigger bottle!
Any questions ask away!

I do Gelish! Same thing really but bigger bottle!
Any questions ask away!

how do you apply it?
How long does it last?
do you own nails grow nicely and feel stronger/protected?
any pics?
:flower:

It's like nail varnish, but is a gel - so you just brush it on in layers and pop under the UV lamp after each coat.
Found it lasted about 2 weeks, and about a month on my toes.
It makes your nails feel strong as its gel over them. It's not as strong as falseys but yeah!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=a.10150291489639869.347850.704819868&type=3

Xxx

thanks G. i love how they look :) cant wait to try it out!

i got a shellac pedicure 4 weeks ago and it still looks GREAT! Hasn't chipped, peeled off, or gone dull. It's still just as shiny as it was on day 1. i do think you need the top and bottom coats though. One tip i have to help it stick to your nails a little better- file them down or rough them up. that way it has something to adhere to instead of just a smooth nail. I'm jealous, after my pedicure i wanted to buy all the things i'd need to do this at home!! Maybe for my birthday.

oh, if you google "removing shellac nails" there are a bunch of websites with how to do it. basically you file it down a bit, then wrap a cotton ball with acetone on it inside of tin foil around your nail and let it sit for 10-15 minutes then it comes off. I haven't tried it yet- but probably will be within the next few weeks since my shellac is starting to grow out.

I always have shellac as my nails are long and strong anyway. The rockstar (glitter ones) peel off quite soon. Yet on my toes it lasts for about 4-5 weeks.

My fingers Ive stopped getting a colour as my nails grow really fast so I just get a french manicure and she puts the clear gel on top.

Ignore the fat finger angle, im watching the football in a bar in spain and didnt want people to se eme take a picture of my hands haha

https://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/xxpheobexx/ade3a1fe.jpg

love them AL! cant believe they are real they are perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->