Shes here

Ashbwin

Reaction score
Karsen Emily born Aug 19th at 10:48am 6lbs 14oz/19.5in

I came to the hospital on Aug 17th at 6:00am having contractions, they watched me for an hour and sent me home because dilated. The next day around the same time it happened again only the contractions were worse, they watched me for an hour then sent me home. When I left the hospital we stoppedto eat but I couldnt even try because I was hurting so bad and my contractions were then 3 min apart, I called my Dr and they told me to go back to the hospital and I was told the same thing, they would monitor me for an hour and then go from there. After an hour the nurse could tell I was in pain but my Dr. wanted to send me home because there was still no change in my cervix, luckily my nurse schedules all of my Drs inductions so she told him that he needed to keep me because the schedule was full next week (not true but it worked.) After admiting me and getting me settled into L&D the nurse brought me a medication that would change the pattern of my contractions because apparently even though I was having them regulerly, they werent causing any cervical changes. I was told that I was in for a long process so if the pain was too much I could get pain meds or my epidural so I opted for pain meds to begin with and they worked great, after a while when the meds had worn off I had a new nurse so she came in and put more in my IV, she told me it would burn but I didnt feel anything and the same thing an hour later because they never took effect. After arguing with the nurse over the fact that I was in pain I noticed an air bubble in my IV line that never moved and then shortly after an alarm on the IV machine went off, when she came in and flushed the line I felt the worst burning in my arm, the meds were still in the IV line As the night went on the contractions went on and got worse to the point I couldnt take it anymore and I wanted the epidural that the Dr said I could have whenever I wanted but the nurse told me no!!!! She said that I had to wait til I was 3 cm dilated HELLO!!! the whole reason Im hear is because that isnt happening!!!!! FINALLY at 3:30am I was close enough to 3 and screaming as loud as I could so thye gave it to me (my husband was so relieved he posted a pic of me finally sleeping on facebook, I will kill him for that later) the next morning there still had been no change but my pain was well managed so the Dr. told me to wait it out and he would be back at 5:00pm to check on me again, before he left (at 9:30am) they had put me on a slow pitocin drip and he broke my water to try to help things along by 10:00am I was feeling this horrible pain/pressure but didnt say anything because I didnt know how to tell them that my butt felt like it was going to fall off lol (sorry, they only way I can think of to describe that) they called my Dr. and at 10:48 she was laying on my belly looking at me with her big blue/gray eyes. Apparently all I needed was my water to break because it went so fast after that. Now shes here laying in the bed next to me smiling in her sleep and we get to go home tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->