Ruby weight has done the following

Birth 8lb 13oz
11 days 9lb 6oz
18 days 10lb
3 1/2 wks 10lb 7oz
4 1/2 wks 10lb 14oz
5 1/2 wks 11lb 7oz
6 1/2 wks 11lb 9oz

so this weeks she has only put on 2oz and i'm so upset :cry: i'm bf so I feel like its completely my fault and what i'm doing isnt good enough. i know some babies lose weight and some dont gain much and some gain loads but she was gaining so much and doing so well and i was so proud of me & her and now i dont know if i should stop bf and start bottle to help her??? the hv said this is fine and there is nothin to worry about but i feel for the first time since she's been born like i'm doing shit!

Sorry for moaning.

xx

She looked perfectly fine to me, a week isn't a very long time remember,My HV said when they get past 4wks you should leave it every 2weeks becasue then you can notice the difference, your doin a great job x

sounds fine to me too, some weeks her weight gain will slow. but a long as she doesnt lose any, its nothing to worry about :hugs:

you will prob find that she has a massive weight gain next time. It happens all the time, its not u, many factors can influence it. :hugs:

I was also told to leave it longer between weigh-ins so u notice the differnce more, I was told every month so that is what I do and there is a bigger differance. :) She sounds fine by the way! :) x

Dont be daft!!! She's perfect!!!! They even out over all hun. You and the knockers are doing a great job!! :hug:

xx

She's doing great,going about on her own pace.
She'll get the major big growth spurt and you won't know where it ends...;)

:hugs: honey you sound like you're doing wonderfully, maddi's weight gain was erratic at the beginning, it gradually evens out. :hugs: x x x

I'm sure this has knocked your confidence and I know how this feels (Poppy lost loads of weight during the first week).

But the health visitor says she is happy with her progress and I'm sure she will put loads on next week. As long as she is getting plenty of wet and dirty nappies, try not to worry. There are loads of factors which influence weight gain.

Don't be put off BFing. You are doing great. xx

thanks girls!
i love bf really i do! the health visitor comes here so its not like i can go there less often. i'll just have to wait and see how she ges on when shes next weighed.
x

Aww hun! Breast fed babies plato (sp) and she'll be just fine don't you worry x

Dont worry, like Toria said, breastfed babies usually plateau often with their growth. They will have a big gain once in a while, but unlike formula fed babies, they dont have just a steady growth the whole time. Dont worry, it sounds like she is doing fantastic! She has reached a weight that my little didn't reach until I believe 3 months. :hugs:

Aw hunni your doing great!!!! And ruby is fine :) XXXX

Your doing great hun!! I do know how you feel though Ellie only put on 3 ozs one week i was dead upset but the week after she had put on 15oz lol so it does change week to week. I breastfed my son to and he was the same one week he would put a lb on the next just a few onces.

Even with formula some babies dont gain much weight , max only put on 1 lbs since he was 5 months which dosent sound like much to me but dr said hes fine lol hes just really tall ..why do i get the feeling ill be hearing that one often hahah

Your doing a great job. Salim was breastfed and at 8 weeks old he had lost 4oz in a week. The health visitor said he was hungry and needed topping up. I had to get him weighed 2 weeks later and he had put on 18oz. The health visitor I saw then said I didnt need to top up because breastfed babies can have off days too and can lose weight then make up for it a week or 2 later. Seeing as Salim is my first baby I paniced about him losing 4oz and topped him up. I wish Id never done it because when he found he could get milk from a bottle he totally refused to breastfeed. Needless to say I wont listen to health visitors again. It can make you feel down when they dont put on as much as usual but dont worry its totally normal.

Your doing a great job. Salim was breastfed and at 8 weeks old he had lost 4oz in a week. The health visitor said he was hungry and needed topping up. I had to get him weighed 2 weeks later and he had put on 18oz. The health visitor I saw then said I didnt need to top up because breastfed babies can have off days too and can lose weight then make up for it a week or 2 later. Seeing as Salim is my first baby I paniced about him losing 4oz and topped him up. I wish Id never done it because when he found he could get milk from a bottle he totally refused to breastfeed. Needless to say I wont listen to health visitors again. It can make you feel down when they dont put on as much as usual but dont worry its totally normal.

thats amazing thank you!
Salim shares his birthday with my little brother :) except 21 years later
xx

This is exactly what happened with Amelia i wrote numerous posts about how concerned i was with her lack of weight gain, in fact 2 wks she even lost weight! I am yet to get her weighed again but i am pretty confident she has gained loads this last couple of weeks, she is back to feeding every 2hours just like a newborn!

Stick with it hun you are doing a fab job. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->