Shipping charges?

SaraAbi

Mum to Abi
Reaction score
I've been looking on eBay at cloth nappies and some of the ones from hong kong are free postage but then have this written:

"Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges."

What does it mean? Do I have to pay something for postage or collecting from post office?

Sorry if this seams a bit thick.

Yes! If they get caught up in customs, you'll have to pay import duty, and also Royal Mail make an extortionate handling charge, which you have to pay as well, as they pay the duty for you, and then won't let you have them, and pay them back, plus their handling charge. I got done that way once, and as well as having y=to pay the duty, I think Royal mail charged me something like £35 for handling it! It was absolute extortion!
Mostly a small order of nappies won't get stopped, but if they do, ir's really expensive!

i am going to temp fate now, but I have never been charged x

I had a HUGE package coming soon!
Form china I will let you know when i get it if its been charged with Duty
and lets hope no!

got another today - no charges :happydance:

Ive had 40+ parcels from china in the last 6 weeks and not had one charge

Ive been stung twice with import fees, not on nappies but gifts from friends/family! I heard that gifts werent supposed to be charged, but they were and had to pay the extortiate handling fees too. Tried to argue it but its impossible. Im very wary about buying from abroad after that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->