Short femur measurement at 36 week growth scan - help?

bunni84

Reaction score
hey guys

so i had a growth scan yeasterday as i have GD, so have regular scans to see baby not getting fat

all his measurements have been in the 50th percentile so hes doing well, but yesterday sonographer freaked me out saying his femur is now under the average length, its only grown 1.2mm since 33 weeks. its 63.2 mm

im worried, is he ok..or is he just cramped in there? i am only 4ft 10 and hubby is 5ft 8, could it just be my belly can only grow so much coz im tiny? his head circumference and abdomen are all within range, hes 5lbs 7 at the moment, could she just got it wrong?!

help please, anyone else had short measurements? im worried :cry:

I've just got back from my 36 week growth scan. Ac and hc were both 50th percentile, ish, but like you, femur length was short at 65.5mm. They weren't concerned in the slightest. Baby's grow at different rates, and they don't all grow the same. They come out all different sizes, weights and lengths. Her femur length is dropping on her growth chart, but not so much that they have any worries. Just because its under average, doesn't mean its a problem x

ahhh phew - it was the way the sonographer said it..i didnt like her, she told me off for being late (i was on time her clock was 5 mins fast) and then said oh short femur..maybe coz you're short too. hmm cow.

im sure hes ok, i got midwife appt tomorrow will ask her if its an issue. argh i hate it when people freak me out.

the doctor saw results and was fine with it said see me at next appt at 38 weeks. im just stressing out over it.

If it had dropped off significantly, it might be cause for concern, but sounds pretty steady. My lo has gone from 97th centile to 40th, but they're not worried, even after my last baby suffering with severe iugr. They just said as long as she's still growing at her own pace everything's ok. Try not to worry too much. I don't think they realise how much we note every little thing they say x

no only dropped off a little bit it was her tone really!

She may not have measured the whole bone as well. Sometimes it's hard for them to get a good shot and end up cutting off part of one end or the other.

ahh i see, well baby was moving a lot he had a foot under my rib the whole time and was wiggling loads.

lets hope was miscalculation. doctors didnt seem worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->