short luteal phase-so frustrated!

l8bloomer

Reaction score
I posted in another thread that I was on day 19 of a 30 day cycle and my CBFM was not giving me any peak fertility days.

Well, on Day 20, it finally showed a peak. Day 21, was also a peak, which makes my Luteal Phase less than 9 days, which is too short for implantation, I think. If that is the case, I suppose that explains my failure to conceive.

I read that Clomid may correct this but I'm so frustrated.:growlmad: I'm 44 and cannot afford any delays in order to 'correct' this problem. Are there any other ways, other that Clomid? I'm so upset I could cry. :nope:

The Day 21 test the doctor sent me for will tell for sure. Does anyone here have the same problem? Any advice?

I don't have the same problem but I didn't want to read and run. I hope you get some answers soon from the doctor. I have an FS appointment this Wednesday to see how I'm going to proceed wether it will be clomid or on to IVF. Either way I'm sure I'll have to go through all the blood tests and everything again.

Good luck and lots of baby dust and I hope you get that BFP soon.

I've read that a natural way to correct is to take a vitamin b6 supplement. I'm taking it myself this cycle as my lp has gone from 14 to 12 days. I don't know how long it takes to be corrected though. You may find the info on the link below useful. Good luck!

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/luteal-phase-defect.html

If you don't mind me asking, what is your objection to Clomid, is there some medical reason you can't take it?

In your situation I would be straight up to the doctors for a script for Clomid, I don't think experimenting with vitamins is going to give you the immediate and consistent results that proper fertility meds are likely to deliver.

l8bloomer: progesterone supplements! Worked for me, my LP was always right around 9 days.

I take 100mg prometrium progesterone 2 x daily - vaginally. Goes right to the place where it is needed most. You start taking around 3dpo and it will keep AF away, so I take until 14dpo, and if BFN stop. Might take a day or two to get AF.

Last cycle was my first one w/progesterone, and it lengthened my LP by 7 days! I didn't get preggo, though.

Now I'm onto cycle 2 (also my first taking clomid), and I'm 8dpo tomorrow and getting my progesterone levels checked, so I'll let you know how that goes.

I have same issue was short 9 days and started taking Vitamin B 6 daily till ovulation then progesterone till period--Took about 5 months to lengthen to 15 days but lost both beans low progesterone--so this month Starting clomid this month to make progesterone level higher for implantation Good Side effect of Vitamin B6 lost 10lbs a month eating whatever I wanted all the time--natural metabolism booster now I am a size 8 :)

A B complex with 50 mgs of B6 lengthened my LP by 2 days right away.
I went from an 11 day LP to a 13/14 day LP.
I also tried using progesterone cream after ovulation, but all it did was give me a longer and heavier AF.

Good luck!

Yeah my LP was 8-9 days as well. B6 absolutely works (and works fairly quickly) for those that have a B6 deficiency (causing shorter LP). But that's only sometimes the reason for a short LP. I took 50mg of B6 for a couple of months, and then 100mg of B6 for a couple more months and - no improvement. Worth a try but if it doesn't work in the first month or 2, move on.

Then I was put on Clomid - some improvement, although not consistent. I was on 50mg for 3 months and my LP was 10-12 days. During this time I also tried progesterone cream, but I don't think that made any difference really either - it's just not strong enough to put you over the top if you have a very short LP. Fine for others that just need a bit of a booster, but not if you have a serious LP deficiency I don't think.

Finally I persuaded my FS to give me progesterone pessaries - took 200mg 3 x a day! So fairly high dose... but yes, totally held off AF until you stopped the supplements. Got pregnant the second cycle on those.

So the progesterone will not help you get pregnant directly (if there are any other issues)... but if your problem is low(ish) progesterone and short LP - it will certainly artificially lengthen your LP and give that bean a chance to implant. You will then need to stay on them until about 12-13 weeks, and they are a TOTAL PITA (I mean, I really hate them!) but hey, if it does the job::::: :thumbup:

Good luck! Definitely be proactive with it, I waited around for ages *hoping* it would get better. It might, but it might not. Better to get on and do something concrete.

So after I discovered my short LP, I bought B50 complex from Whole Foods and started taking it right away.

I usually OV on Day 21 of a 30/31 day cycle and last month, I began taking the B Complex on Day 21. I think it may have worked right away as it lenghthened my LP to 12 days from the usual 9 days. This month, I OV'd on Day 16...5 days earlier than usual :happydance: If I continue to have a
30/31 day cycle, my LP will now be 14/15 days!! I'm excited to see what happens this month. But of course, I would be more excited to never find out and get the BFP!!

I am so pleasantly surprised. I will never doubt the effectiveness of Vitamins again!!

I had a short luteal phase 9/10 days so i started taking B6 which took it to 11 days and then to help inplantation i used the natural progesterone cream (to me it's miracle cream) i got pregnant the very first cycle using it with twins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->