Short menstrual cycle

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.

My cycle is typically about 25 days and I have severe menstrual cramps. My doctors said my cramps are equal to early labor pains. I do not have endometriosis btw. Anyways...

Does anyone know if having such a short cycle (has been as short as 21-24 days) will affect my chances of getting pregnant in the future? I do have an appointment with my ob/gyn in August. I started to do reading and essentially freaked myself out with thinking that my luteal phase is borderline too short to conceive.

Do you have a short cycle and have had a baby without issues?

I hope this is the right area to post this question...

Thanks for the input ladies!

Hi Mara,

i also have a short cycle and was wondering the same! Did you have any luck in finding out? x

From what I've read on here there are plenty of things you can do to lengthen you luteal phase. A lot of women are taking B6 with huge success. Maybe worth asking you doc about. Best of luck!!

Well, I'm probably a day or two from ovulating and I'm charting and using OPKs. This is my second cycle that I've been looking at it and it looks like from last cycle I have a 12 day luteal phase which is ok. I'm going to see what mine is this time and see if its the same. Before I jump to conclusions and totally freak myself out, I want to know what my actual luteal phase is. But yes, a B Complex vitamin has been mentioned numerous times that it helped lengthen woman's luteal phases. Also, I believe Clomid has been mentioned to help as well (but that's a mild fertility drug that must be prescribed).

Have you charted before and/or know what your LP is?

I'm using a period app on my phone and just using OPK. This is the first month after my period that I'm testing for ovulation so I dont really have a pattern to go by yet. Also, just a personal preference, but if I notice anything thats seems to short then I'm definitely gonna add the B6. I havent done a whole bunch of research on the clomid but I thought it was just to induce ovulation not lengthen the LP? I dont know though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->