shortchanged by mothercare

shortchanged

Reaction score
my wife's mothercare order delivered as promised on fri 30 Jul 10 and i signed for it. after the courier left, i discovered that only the cheap toys in the order were in the parcel but not the expensive item. as far as mothercare is concerned, all the items were listed as delivered and signed for.

better to order items separately for separate delivery, especially expensive items. inconvenient but safer. in fact, better to shop elsewhere where you pay only when you have the goods! once they have your money, its only your word against theirs!

Thats stupid I would go as high as u can to complain

Its hard to complain because you signed for the delivery. By signing for the delivery it means you have checked the boxes and everything is there and in good condition!

Hope Mothercare sort something for you tho.

I can see how frustrating this must be because tbh I've signed for deliveries many a time and not checked until the delivery person has gone :( But this is a good reminder for us all to actually check BEFORE - just such a shame this had to happen to you for us to be reminded. Hope somethig gets sorted!

You can still complain to them even If you signed before the parcel was opened.

Go into the shop in person (if possible) and ask to speak to a manager and be firm, but polite. Make sure you're standing right near the registers with other customers about to pay for their goods. Ask to see their proof of packing items together. Tell them you are extremely disappointed.
If they say they can't help you, ask to speak to the next level up. Stay calm, stay firm and keep escalating until you get an answer you like :)
good luck :)

if its in your wifes name and you signed for it you are not going to start opening someone elses parcels are you they are addressed to your wife you need to explain that to mothercare i would take it to the highest level

its a little late now but i always sign for things and then write unchecked not had a problem but was told this at least indicates you have not checked it...

on another note did the bag have a weight on the postage label you can bring it all down to your local shop explain and challange them to weigh it?

they should have a note from their warehouse of who packed the order - ask them to get a copy of this to see if all items were genuinely ticked off the list!
They may not do it, but it will be inconvenient for them and they may just relent and give you your other toys to get rid of you!

Always sing any delivery you get no what its for as unchecked (write unchecked next to your signature) most delivery guys get snarky if you try keeping them waiting and dont give you a chance so I always sign it unchecked so I can get back to them if somthing is broken or missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->