Shortness of breath?!

JessdueJan

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So I am almost 8 weeks and I keep having episodes where I feel like I'm struggling to breathe. My chest feels tight and I can't get a proper breath. Feels a bit like a panic attack but just out of the blue when I'm sat quite still and no reason to be having a panic attack and doesn't come with the hot flush and emotions I usually experience with panic attacks.
Anyone else? Is this something I need to see my gp about?
Thanks in advance

My sister in law has POTS which can cause symptoms like that. But I get randomly short winded when pregnant too sometimes even when earlier on. We are pumping 50% more blood and require more oxygen.

My breathing started getting bad from 10wks (I have a naturally fast heart 99bpm resting) so put it down to that but since 12wks I can’t really make stairs without feeling like I might die or sometimes in the mornings any kind of movement makes me feel like I’ve done a huge workout,they checked my heart rate and resting is now 134bpm and movement like putting a wash in gets it up to 164bpm so I just think that’s my cause,have u tried checking ur hr as it does increase in pregnancy but can also have a big effect on breathing xx

Could be low iron? I'm also short of breath when my iron drops during pregnancy.

I have this feeling it comes and goes. I think mine could also be from acid reflux though. If you do not have any of the above things going on it never hurts to mention it to an ob. They probably will just tell you it is normal and pregnancy is so much fun lol.

I have severe anxiety symptoms even before pregnancy and I suffer with breathlessness every day. I am also anaemic so dizziness and shortness of breath is an everyday thing for me. I hate it! Scared how my body will cope with this pregnancy with all these physical Symptoms of anxiety. I also have acid reflux before too and am type 1.Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->