Should I be worried?

sarah2211

Reaction score
So I got a BFP at 14 DPO, on Tuesday. I've had lots of symptoms and saw my GP yesterday. He didn't run any blood tests just said congratulations, find a midwife.

Last night I had a little bit of brown spotting when I was going to the toilet. I freaked out a little, thinking it was all over. So we went out and bought some more FRER.

I tested this morning at 17 DPO and the line is very faint. It's there's and slightly pink but it's almost too faint for a photo.

Here my 14 DPO FRER- https://s1383.photobucket.com/user/...ploads/image_zpssurf6cv7.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1
And here's 17 DPO FRER- https://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Sarah22112211/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsdckku6km.jpeg.html

Im thinking I should ring the doctor and request a blood test. Or am I fine? I don't really know what to look for if it is all going downhill.

Thanks

Sorry to say but that second line does look a lot fainter. It could be that your urine was very diluted for the second test and different times of day can also produce different lines but to be honest, at 17dpo you'd expect a stronger line than that. If I was you, if test again tomorrow at the same time you tested on 14 dpo. I hope everything works out for you! But if it doesn't, don't lose hope! Chemical pregnancies, where no baby developes despite an initial bpf, are very common unfortunately but that doesn't mean that your next pregnancy will be anything other than perfect. But hopefully your line will just get darker and you won't have to worry about that anyway!

I'm sorry but I have to be honest that that second line is much lighter and you would have expected the line to darken and not get lighter :( Id test again to confirm as could be a faulty test or that your urine was less concentrated but if it's still lighter it's most likely a chemical pregnancy. I hate that term though, wish they would just call them a very early miscarrige. If the test is lighter though there's really no need to involve a doctor. To be honest early losses are very common so they most likely won't agree to bloods. You won't need a treatment for it. I truely hope the line does darken for you though. Hugs xx

I think you should be seeing a darker line to be honest. Still home tests are not a very reliable way to check if things are well or not so there is still some hope. If your doc will do blood tests that will give a more definite answer. You wont know for sure until the second test if the levels are inceasing like they should. The doctor might just tell you to wait and test again in a week. Hoping for the best for you. Hugs.

Yeah same time of day, both FMU. I'm preparing myself for it to be nothing and all gone.

I started bleeding so I guess it's all over.

Sorry Sarah! I know it's not much consolation but at least this early on, you can expect it to be just like a period and don't need to worry about pysical pain. Be kind to yourself! And remember that this is very common and doesn't mean anything for your future pregnancies. :hugs:

Thanks. I went to the doctor this even. Her care factor was zero. She said I need bloods and ultrasound tomorrow. She said because I haven't had any pain there's still some hope. I had no hope, knew it was over already. Went home to bed and an hour later the cramps started. After 9 months of trying, the was the closest we've gotten. I'm wish we never even got two lines and AF just arrived like normal.

I'm so sorry you've experienced this, I know the pain is suffocating.. it's important to have a scan and bloods to make sure you're ok. :hugs:to you x

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I've been there before, wishing I never saw that second line (or seen the heartbeat on ultrasound) and that piece of my heart will always be missing. Just let yourself feel whatever it is you're feeling as it's all normal and expected. The baby you lost will always be a part of your family. Let him/her live on in your mind and heart. It truly doesn't matter how far along you were or weren't, it's always one of the most heartbreaking experiences. One feels not only sadness about losing a baby, but also as if one's body failed the baby. It's awful and I send you lots of love. Be gentle on yourself. You will get pregnant again and you will hold and love on your rainbow baby beyond words. One day you will make a great mother. Many wishes for peace on your healing journey and baby dust your way when the time is right. Massive hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->