should I feel guilty?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
My mom has been after me to make a gift registry so she can give it to people... So finally last night I started one.

I feel bad going on there and picking stuff out :( haha, baby stuff is so expensive... And we need alot of the bigger stuff like highchairs etc, not that I expect people to buy all of those things, I am happy getting gift certificates to help go towards them.

So Im trying to pick lots of inexpensive things too...

What have you guys added to your registries?

you shouldnt feel guilty your mum asked you to do it, im not making a registry i personally dont like them, and i also would feel bad making them lol, if people ask me what i want i might tell them a couple of its i need but i always feel bad even doing that, thankfully my family tend to tell me what they want to buy then i try and let them know the one i like LOL

but dited to add dont feel guilty at all you arent telling people to buy you things just if they want to there is a good list of things you like, your not askin for stuff hun dont feel bad xx

I wouldn't feel guilty. I felt a little bad while I was making mine but I found a lot of people don't mind at all buying baby stuff. I worried about the bigger things too but they are good to have on there so people know what you need and can give you gift certificates or money towards them. As for inexpensive things I just put bath items, diapers, mattress covers, receiving blankets, etc. If you're making your registry through a certain store Babies'r'us has a good sample registry that helps get you started.

In general people have just asked me what I want them to buy me.. so I told them. My mum and auntie are going halfers on my pram, a family friend is buying the moses basket, OHs parents are buying us nursery furniture and my dad is buying me bottles, breast pump and steriliser. I don't think we'll need to buy much ourselves to be honest since we still have lots of people asking us what we'd like for the baby >.< I don't really feel guilty b/c it's just what you do isn't it? I've bought things for other peoples babys so it evens out.

My mom actually bought my crib and change table for me, plus she bought my nursery set that we found online... It was a very good deal. My sister is giving me a bassinet and has already given me tons of sleepers and stuff.

My OHs mom hasn't got us anything yet... I think my OH is disapointed with that, because when his sister had her children his mom bought her everything brand new... I kind of think she feels like my mom wants to buy us lots, but I dont want my mom to... She cant afford it... My OH's mom is loaded with money... I am sure she will buy us some things though.

I was kind of disapointed before because his mom was just saying that we could use his sister stuff, which would be ok, except everything she had has been through her 2 children already and she passed it on to a friend who has a girl and now 2 girl twins... So it would be clothes, furniture and toys etc that has been in constant use for 6 years...

I dont want to sound ungrateful, but as this is our first baby I would kind of like to be spoiled with at least SOME new things... Doesn't have to be everything....

I actually am using the babies r us registry, they seem to have the most. We do need some little things, like bath supplies and diapers. But as far as blankets etc go, we have TONS already and even clothing we dont need alot of.

Hopefully maybe people will split on some of the bigger things or just get gift certificates so we can buy it.

I have to admit I felt weird filling out a registry too but on the other hand a registry helps give me ideas when I'm looking for someone else. But for me the registry was a little more important too 'cause I have to bring everything back with me on the plane & so I just won't be able to bring extras that we don't need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->