Should I give birth at home now?.....

cdj1

Mummy to 2 princes
Reaction score
Hi girls

This is my second baby and I had my first in hospital and didn't have a great experience, got left on my own for quite long periods and generally felt quite isolated (is a tiny birthing unit on the island I live on and they were extremely busy that night) and in the end had an assisted delivery with ventouse/epis as baby was tired and his heart rate dipped plus he got stuck....so anyway I started thinking about a home birth which has been planned with the hospital/midwives...but I have to confess I haven't felt 100% about it, cant explain exactly why but a number of things bother me I have kind of got into my head that either I am too small to birth totally naturally or this one will get stuck again....

anyway...we live in a flat and the flat above us have just told us that they have sold their place to a builder and that they will be moving in around my due date! This is really putting me off having baby at home even more as the builder plans to knock through the flat and start over..so the potential for lots of noise and disturbance!

I just dont know what to do and just wondered if anyone can offer any advice, thanks!

I think you should do what feels right for you. If a hospital birth feels right, do it. If a homebirth feels right, do it.

Its always do with the hospital to have a nice care and with medical assistance if needed.. so better to go with the hospital.

Never mind the building work - they won't be knocking stuff through and building AT NIGHT will they?? Which is when your labour and birth is probably most likely to happen. :)

I think the answer is probably to do with your feeling of "not being able to do this without help". Can you describe that a little more? Is that just because of how the last birth went, or did you feel that way before the last birth? Have a think about WHY that might be.... Were you on your back last time? Have you ever had a nasty fall or anything that could have tilted your pelvis making it harder for the baby to come through? Just thinking out loud here....

Position is important - baby's and yours! Have a look at spinningbabies.com to prepare ante natally and move during labour to help the baby get into the best position to be born.

Its always do with the hospital to have a nice care and with medical assistance if needed.. so better to go with the hospital.

Having a home birth does not mean giving birth without medical assistance. Midwives can help with most issues that arise during labour, and if it is something they can't deal with, they transfer you in good time to hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->