should I inform estate agent?

Alyssa Drough

Reaction score
The contract on our flat is a standard template tenancy agreement that says no children are to live here.

I mentioned it to the estate agent when we were ttc and they said don't worry about it, it's just to stop people lying on our application and secretly moving 10 kids in!

Well now I'm in my 3rd trimester and wondering if I need to inform them?

(It's a managed property so we go through the agency rather than direct to the landlord)

I would tell them. Just to be on the safe side. :)

If it's physically written in your contract that there are no children permitted, I would tell them you are pregnant.

I recently had Millie and there is no such writing in my contract so I didn't (and haven't) told me landlord. His business is only if my rent lands in his bank.

You could be within a breach of contract if it's written in it though, so I would let them know so that they don't find out and be miffed.

My friend was in a breach of contract once when she moved a pet in, they found out during an inspection and she was served notice and asked to leave. The pet was a cat and hardly likely to do any damage but I think the underlying issue were they were pissed about not being informed.

It says no children are to live in the property without the landlord's consent.

I'm only hesitant because the agent already said it wouldn't be a problem but I haven't officially told them it's actually happening!

I'm just scared for some reason the landlord will not want us anymore!

have they not mentioned anything when they see your bump on inspections? I would definitely talk to your agent about it. x

It says no children are to live in the property without the landlord's consent.

I'm only hesitant because the agent already said it wouldn't be a problem but I haven't officially told them it's actually happening!

I'm just scared for some reason the landlord will not want us anymore!
Better to find that out now than to be kicked out with a newborn! I'd let them know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->