Should i start

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
weaning my little man? I did want to try and put it off for aslong as possible closer to 6months but the past few weeks his bottles dont seem to be keeping him happy for very long and after sleeping through the night he has started waking every 2hours for 6oz bottle. When he sees his bottle or my food he does this little thing with his mouth like hes chewing is that because hes hungry?

have you tried him with the hungrier milk ? violet x

Yes i have only it hasnt seemed to do much. Its made him sleep a little longer but not much difference. I also tryed giving him more than 6oz but he wont take anymore than that in one go, just gets hungry very quickly after!

hi jacey my sons the same but is only 10weeks hes on hungrier milk and that doesnt seem to satisfy him . i was going to ttry some baby rice but it says 4monthsv+ on the packet

Every health visitor iv spoken to strongly advises 6months.. even though it says on packets from 4months. But i think if your baby is ready then i suppose we gotta do what the baby wants! I think im going to just try a few spoonfulls of babyrice or something with a bottle and see if that makes any difference. Iv looked up all the signs of when baby is 'ready' and my son seems to be doing nearly all of them!

i've been weaning Jasmine since she was a week away from 3 months. She is perfectly fine and is having a bit of veggie jars now. She loves eating.

The main thing is that your baby can sit and hold his head up (in a bumbo or whatever).

Thanks Ryder! Yeah he sits in his bumbo and can hold his head! I guess i can start then!

no prob, you will know if he is ready... If you try him on some rice and it doesnt go well you can always stop and wait a few weeks and try again.

Some babies just do need to start early though.

My son is 12 weeks and i've flirted with the idea of starting him on rice cereal. I pretty much lye in bed and feed him all night, and i'll have to nurse him every hour and a half. I gave him some the other night than nursed him the same length as usual and he slept much better and didn't spit up or wake up with gas. He was quite content.

All the health professionals say never before 6 months, but like you he had all the signs that he was ready except his age. My sister started he daughter on cereal at night at 3 months also, and she has four kids and knows what she is doing.

I think it's ok, every baby is different, you are the expert on your baby more than anyone else.

well jack is my 4th & is on hungrier milk & seems ok with that so i won,t start spoon feeding him yet , like people have said all kids are different i think 6 months is to long to wait & they only say 6 months because of obsisty , my oldest who is now 14 i had to start spoon feeding him at 10 weeks & my other 2 were 4 months , every baby is different & they know when there ready . violet x

We started weaning Maley a week ago cos she was doing the same as tye! She just has some for lunch at the moment and loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->