Should I switch?

briashxo

Reaction score
The hospital I am at now, and have been at for my entire pregnancy, will be about an hour away after we move in a month. There are other good hospitals closer that range from 5-20 minutes away. My husband is in the navy so he'll be working on base during the days and sometimes at nights.

I guess my question is do you think I should switch to a closer hospital or will I still have time between calling hubby, waiting for him to get out of work (they're saying they'll let him go right away), and drive to my current hospital?

First baby? You should have plenty of time to get to your hospital.

i agree...mine is about 45 mins away at most...as long as you watch ur labor signs and you can always call the hospital if ur not sure if you should head in or not....
and i suppose it would also depend on how far away ur hubby is when working....

I was booked into a big city hospital and changed to a country hospital when we moved house a couple of months ago. Now I'm second guessing my decision as I feel the big hospital would be more equipped if something were to go wrong. However, the country hospital has been great & it's so much easier for appointments or just to duck in for a check up when bubs is quiet.

I'm still really paranoid about not having a doctor there onsite during the night though but I've heard stories about people's friends needing emergency C-sections and 4 doctors have shown up which is comforting.

I think you have to weigh up the pros and cons. Are you considered low risk? The hospital I'm going to now only takes low risk pregnancies & I've even seen them turn a girl away because her BMI was too high (they were nice about it).

I just moved recently an im an hour 20 away from my hospital... its enough time imo:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->