Should I test hcg levels

precious77

Reaction score
I had a d&c on Monday, is it best to test hcg levels with internet cheapies to make sure they are going down or just leave it? I was admitted to hospital Saturday due to passing large clots, the doctor examined me and removed what he said was tissue left behind and shouldn't really bleed anymore. Bleeding stopped Sunday morning but started again tonight. I have antibiotics to stop any infection.
Should I test hcg levels? Thank you

Hi Precious - I had an erpc back in August, and did keep track with tests to watch line fade. I was glad I did, coz it gave me info on how my body was doing.

I'm not trying to compare our situations at all - I think my case was quite unusual and complicated - but basically, I kept testing positive even though charting told me I ovulated and I had AF. Nine weeks later, I went back to the hospital and there was some retained tissue there. If I hadn't been taking the tests, I wouldn't have known. I had to have a repeat procedure just last week.

I had no other follow up after the erpc, so that was the only way I had to monitor levels. I'm glad I did, before an infection developed. Going by my cycle, I wouldn't have picked up on things.

If you are going to test - remember that it takes lots of women a few weeks for their levels to fall, and that's perfectly normal - try not to let it stress you out unnecessarily, basically.

that's just my experience - hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->