Should I wait...

Tweetz

Reaction score
Hey guys

So I had an old belly button piercing that left a stretched scar after our first son... This pregnancy it hasn't coped well and is red and angry. Anyways I bumped it the other week and ended up getting a red blood blister type thing on it that turned into a pustule... Gross I know, it popped in the bath and crusted over as a large spot would I guess. Went to the doctors as the scar is still red and angry, but doesn't feel infected so wasn't sure if it's still just red and angry due to stretching or needs seeing to... He wasn't too concerned but gave me erythromycin tablets to be on safe side... Now I know they are advised safest in pregnancy but... I have never taken anything oraly other then paracetamol in this pregnancy and with only 3 weeks to go I'm apprehensive to take these...

Am I been overly worried or should I get a second opinion... There isint obvious sign of infection like heat pain or puss... Just a reddened scar.

Any advice would be amazing x

I took enrythromycin in my first pregnancy, I cant remember what for though! Was an infection of some sort! She was completely fine! If it's not infected I wouldn't bother taking them I'd just keep the area clean and see how it goes, but keep them there incase it turns into an infection!

I took enrythromycin in my first pregnancy, I cant remember what for though! Was an infection of some sort! She was completely fine! If it's not infected I wouldn't bother taking them I'd just keep the area clean and see how it goes, but keep them there incase it turns into an infection!
Thanks for the advice, sore midwife yesterday and she doesn't feel it's infected, gonna hold off it appears to be healing well...

Glad its definitely not infected! Just keep it clean and uncovered as much as you can, as for my piercing I've got it back in after my previous 2 pregnancies and it still looked okay, I'm pretty sure my belly will be too wobbly after this baby lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->