Should I wake 15 week old in the morning?

xxxLeoxxx

Reaction score
DD generally likes a lie in of a morning until about half 9am but these last few mornings she's been waking up about 11am.

She doesn't sleep much in the day - maybe 3 half hour naps. In the evening she sleeps on and off from 7pm finally settling around 9pm (she's grizzly from about 7pm and snoozes on the boob but then wakes when she's put down until she gets into her proper nighttime sleep sleep around 9pm). She sleeps well in the night and wakes for one feed around 4-5am.

Would you wake baby up in the morning to try and achieve a better evening routine? Or just enjoy the quiet mornings?!

I think would wake her up unless it was just a one off random day and you needed a quiet morning. That being said, my 6 month old typically wakes up at 6am and I let her sleep until 7am/8am the past few days because holiday stuff kept her awake late recently. But I find her schedule to be so much better when she wakes up ta 6am. If you can wake her up early a few days so she can get to sleep earlier and wake up earlier on her own, I think that would be worth it.

I like to go to sleep early and get up early so I'm exhausted when she's not asleep by 730/8pm.

I personally wouldn't wake her unless it's been going on for a very long time. She may be in a growth spurt or fighting off a cold or something in which case she needs sleep. I have always been very reluctant to wake a sleeping baby. If she sleeps in late for weeks on end then I would think about waking her earlier to get her back into a routine, but if it's just been a few days I would just go with it for now. My 1 year old went for about a week sleeping in until 10 am and it messed up her nap schedule during the day but I just went with it and now she is back to waking up at 7 am. She outgrew a bunch of her clothes at the same time so I figured it was a growth spurt.

I wouldn't wake her. Oh, I remember the good old days when my first-born would occasionally sleep until 10 or 11! I could do whatever I wanted all morning. Now, he's 4 and always up my butt. Haha, just kidding, but he certainly is up by 7 am every morning and slept in twice this year until 8:00.

Anyway, I would definitely try to establish a better bedtime. My fourth-born wasn't going to bed until 11 at night at that age, and he was getting up at 5 am. It stunk! But I gradually moved his bedtime to 8:30 with naps at 10, 2 and 6:30 and now he sleeps until 8 every morning. Having a schedule for baby is sooo wonderful, not that it's easy to achieve. So good luck!

Thank you for your replies. I think I'll give her a couple of weeks at it and see what happens. My concern is that I don't want her getting into a late bedtime/late waking up habit but if she's just needing extra sleep then I don't want to deprive her of that. Having said that, she was woken up this morning at 9am by her 2 year old brother breaking into our room before I could stop him and shouting "baby baby asleep asleep" at the top of his lungs with my 3 year old hot on his heels shouting "no get out the baby is sleeping!!". She's been grumpy most of the day so I don't think her being awoken had a positive effect.

When my daughter was sleeping in it actually resulted in an earlier bedtime because we would just cut out one of her naps during the day. Maybe you could try that to avoid the late bedtime?

I'll try it. She definitely had a better day yesterday (woke at 11am, asleep for the night at 8pm) than today (woke at 9am, only just settled at 10pm).

Jess that's what we do when she sleeps in on the rare occasion. Cut the last nap then earlier bedtime and her schedule usually sorts itself out that way.

I am maybe against the norm here but I let my daughter find her own sleep cycle and we still goes by what she wants. Typically she goes to sleep at 10am, on weekdays we wake her up at 7am as we are working but then she has a morning nap for a few hours when she goes tofamily who look after her. On weekends she normally sleeps to between 8-10am. When I was still off she always went 9pm to 10am - from when she was about 6 weeks old. I never wake her or force naps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->