Sick to death of nuisance calls!

Red Rose

Reaction score
We recently moved house and got a new phone number. Since then, we have been receiving 5/6 calls per day. When you answer, the line goes dead. Phoned BT up a few months ago and they put caller display on the phone so I could track who was calling.

The call attempts have increased and its getting to a point where its getting me really frustrated and angry. Phoned BT's nuisance line tonight and the suggestion was 'don't answer' or 'unplug your phone'... Not helpful! Its getting to a point where its waking DD up as its often at unsociable hours and with bad mobile signal in our area, we rely on the phone for relatives.

We're registered on TPS but because BT think the calls are from abroad, they can't track and stop them.

ARGHHHHHH!!!!! :dohh::dohh:

oh god, I know exactly how you feel! :dohh: we get 3-4 a day :nope: I always ignore my home phone now because I know it'll be a rubbish call. I've pressed 9 to speak to someone (ours are always recorded calls about PPI claims), told them to remove our number & they put the phone down on me! :growlmad:

can you not change ur number?

They are so irritating aren't they, especially when the phone just goes dead. At least with annoying sales calls you can always shout at them! :laugh2: We used to get so many at our old house but registering with TPS did help. Since moving we never get calls like that. Surely BT should be able to help more than they are doing. My parents get so many calls every day that they don't even answer the phone now, anyone who wants to talk to them will just leave a message which they'll pick up the phone to if they're in. x

I had this in my last property, usually they asked for the previous tenants or just tried to sell me something from an abroad call centre :( I asked BT about a new number but they told me it'd be over £100!

We get loads of nuisance sales calls too and just don't answer the phone during the day and put it on silence at a night as family/friends/important people phone our mobiles. x

My mums has this terribly. Ringing from abroad asking for a strange name at an address that isn't even my mums! They will not give up on this person and when challenged they hang up.
I told her to keep an airhorn next to the phone and give em a blast next time xx

I get this aswell maybe 3,4,5 times a day sometimes more line will be dead or it will be one them stupid annoying ppi recorded calls!!!

How frustrating. My gran got a blocker, in that no one who rings on an unknown number can get through - they get diverted straight to answerphone.

Could you not get one of them?

:( We have the same problem. It's so bad now that we actually have unplugged the phone. We've left the answer machine plugged in so it catches anything important though

yup I have the same problem, we get calls from people calling a business and wanting to be transfered. or calling for someone specific. they are all in spanish so I just say "sorry wrong number" and hang up. I just hate when they repeat call back 3 times like they think they dialed the number wrong. Now a days so many people recall I also get the dead line. sometimes I just pick up and hang up. I also have noise canceling headphones I put on to ignore everything for a while. It drives me crazy because they begin at 8am. so frustrating I feel your pain

We told BT were were getting frequent calls for the previous tenant and they changed our number free of charge. :flower:

If you're getting constant nuisance calls your provider should change your number free of charge for you, they should also have it on the notes for your account that you've called before about the problem. They won't do it on the first call normally though, but it's worth phoning them up to see what their procedure is, and how much of it you've already been through. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->