• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sickness advice?

BroodyBoobies

Reaction score
Im 14 weeks and suffering with MS really bad. I havent been able to keep food down in about a week and now water and the metaclop tablets are coming up to. Ive lost 13+kg in 3ish weeks and the only advice the gp could offer was ginger biscuits. Ive tried biscuits, ive tried acupressure bands and Ive tried antiemetics. I just cant function anymore everyday at work is a struggle I just feel constantly horendous.

Has anyone got any other ideas please? :cry:

If you aren't keeping down water, you likely need an IV. I had really bad ms with my last pregnancy, and when I couldn't keep down a teaspoon of water I was told to go to the ER for an IV and monitoring. I'm sorry your GP is so unhelpful. It sounds really awful... And that's a lot of weight to drop. Can you speak to another medical professional?

I should add that I started to have good days at 15 weeks and ms was gone at 16 weeks... Hope it goes away soon!!

Hopefully it'll go soon, but Vitamin B6 is suppose to be excellent for morning sickness (if you can get it down).

Good luck

I am in my 14th week and still very sick as well. You can try what I have been doing which seems to be working. Add an extra 30 minutes to an hour to your regular time it takes for you to get ready and out the door in the morning. Use that extra time to sit and drink water. Keep drinking water until you have your first throw up of the day. As soon as you are done throwing up take whatever tablet/pill or whatever you do to help the sickness. I used to take my Zofran pill as soon as I woke up but I found that I would just throw it up 10 minutes later. Sorry for the book but I hope it helps. I am so over throwing up. 10 weeks is far enough time for anyone to be this sick. :cry:

I would go into your hospital and get an iv. I too had, and still have, hyperemesis which is sever ms. I was given medication called ondansetron from the hospital after being on drips and I can't express how thankful I am for these tablets. Before them I had tried countless tablets and remedies but nothing worked.
GL you will get past it :hugs:

Not sure where you are located so this tip may or may not help: cannabis tinctures. They make them honey flavored, only taking about a dropper full. A lot of people will say just don't do it but there's no substantial evidence that light cannabis use for nausea can harm baby. If you can't find tinctures maybe try taking one or two puffs of a joint.

Or, as svaughn says, try to get your first puke out of the way and try to take your tablets.

The things I like to try are chewing on loose spearmint or chewy ginger candies and small handfuls of cereal.

Im 14 weeks and suffering with MS really bad. I havent been able to keep food down in about a week and now water and the metaclop tablets are coming up to. Ive lost 13+kg in 3ish weeks and the only advice the gp could offer was ginger biscuits. Ive tried biscuits, ive tried acupressure bands and Ive tried antiemetics. I just cant function anymore everyday at work is a struggle I just feel constantly horendous.

Has anyone got any other ideas please? :cry:

You have lost too much weight so fast. Get monitored at hospital and topped up with IV fluids. Your body is struggling now, so take all the help you can get. I was on IV in first pregnancy after dehydrating and it just was wonderful how quickly I felt better with it. Your potassium levels are likely to be of and you might be burning ketones. Honestly, you lose nothing by going into hospital. They have to do at least emergency blood work to check if your fluid levels are OK. Let us know how you get on!

Definitely see a doctor/go to hospital. I had really bad sickness in first tri and lost nowhere near as much weight as you... I had to be put on a drip due to dehydration and was given anti-sickness tablets, that was the only thing that would stop it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->