Sickness bug and breastfeeding

blake12336

Reaction score
I've got an awful sickness bug that started around 10pm last night. I haven't fed LO from the breast since around 1am last night and I'm still not engorged! Normally I'd be in agony right now. LO has gone to nursery today with expressed milk as usual.

Is it normal to have less milk whilst poorly or am I drying up?! Also I haven't pumped today as I haven't had the energy to wash all the pieces and pump etc, is it okay to miss a day? And be back to normal tomorrow? Or will this mess up my supply?!

I'd personally try to keep pumping if you can. A day at this point probably won't mess things up supply-wise, but just because you don't feel engorged, doesn't mean your body isn't storing milk, and you don't want mastitis on top of everything else! Keep your fluids up, and your body will probably bounce back pretty quickly :) Hope you feel better soon!

Aw poor you! I had one on Sunday, it was horrible! My supply dropped for a couple of days (due to dehydration I think) but is back to normal now. If you really don't have the energy to pump, I'm sure you will be fine for one day. Just maybe feed lo as much as possible when they are home. It might take a couple of days for your supply to build up again, but with rest, good food (when you can!) and plenty of water you'll get back there. Hope you feel better soon xx

Just a thought - even if you don't have the energy to put a pump together, you could express a little off by hand, just to keep things moving :)

Thanks. I fed LO lots once he got home, however, my supply did seem to have dropped until I went out last night for 2 hours and leaked through my bra, tshirt and jacket! I had fed LO just before I left too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->